FatCogs Community Discussion Forums

Go Back   FatCogs Community Discussion Forums > Fat Chance Bicycles > General Fat Chance Discussion

General Fat Chance Discussion Anything and everything about the best mountain bikes ever made.

Old September 12th, 2018, 5:13 PM   #1
LisaLynch

Default old to bike new to site could use some help

After looking around this site I think that I have maybe answered my own question which was -what year is my bike. I just don't love the answer. My serial number is either C30W36 or O30W36. Which, if I understand correctly, means that my Wicked Lite is a 93? It doesn't jibe with my timeline of high school graduation '87 undergrad '91 and I was pretty sure that I bought my bike while I was still in college. But, admittedly my time space continuum has big holes.
It is a 16.5 frame so the 6 at the end makes sense I just can't wrap my head around the 1993 part.
I am going to post pictures that I just took a few minutes ago. No slagging me off because I put on a kickstand and didn't tidy it up. It has slicks because my daughter uses it to ride to school. It is getting too small for her so I was going to sell it to pay for a new bike. I would like to sell it to someone who would ride it in the woods because that is where she belongs. I don't know how much she is worth so I am hoping to crowd source the answer. I appreciate any help that you can give me. I understand that this site requires a price "for sale" items- fair enough.
I feel sad to sell but it just doesn't fit either if us any more and bikes were made to be ridden not hung up in a garage gathering dust. You will see dings and scratches- its my velveteen rabbit. Most OG parts (all the important ones are original)
I know that I am preaching to the choir but this is the best bike that I have ever ridden in my life and without being redundant it really is WICKED light. Like wicked light. (yes I'm from MA- Arlington actually or Ahhlington) But the angles and trajectory are all wrong for slicks and commuting. It is a mountain bike through and through.
Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5232-2.JPG (99.2 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5235.JPG (118.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5237.JPG (132.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5242.JPG (173.1 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5258.JPG (199.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5257.JPG (201.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5247.JPG (114.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5251.JPG (141.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5256.JPG (180.8 KB, 12 views)
LisaLynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2018, 1:54 PM   #2
AB

My 2 Cents

I was going to say it's a '93 16" bike - don't know about the C30 part.

I'd say you're looking at $500 - $600.

Cheers
AB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newbie needs help, pictures, serial number, wicked lite