FATCOGS on facebook and twitter

John

Administrator
Staff member
Given there is no existing facebook fan page for FATCOGS I've set one up here > http://www.facebook.com/FATCOGS . I know there are a couple of FATCOGS groups however all the groups are being archived soon. If any on here are keen to get involved with the facebook fan page please let me know.

Also setup a twitter account @FATCOGS :cool:

Doug Carter

Staff member
Because the old one, like all old groups on Facebook, will be archived soon and not accessible at all. I'm losing a few Groups like that, and it's a pain in the ass.

Facebook blows chunks, anyway. It'll be dead in 3 years at the rate it's going now, if not sooner. :tombstone:

Because the old one, like all old groups on Facebook, will be archived soon and not accessible at all. I'm losing a few Groups like that, and it's a pain in the ass.

Facebook blows chunks, anyway. It'll be dead in 3 years at the rate it's going now, if not sooner. :tombstone:
...and most likely replaced by Google +

colker

Social networks will lose interest since its mostly a waste of time. People want power and money at 10 in the morning, not flirt..

Social networks will lose interest since its mostly a waste of time. People want power and money at 10 in the morning, not flirt..

I think that most people in this country that social network probably waste allot of time on it but I do think that social networking has proven to be quite powerful; much of the revolutions going on in Egypt, Libya, Yemen, etc were largly sparked by social networking.

colker

I think that most people in this country that social network probably waste allot of time on it but I do think that social networking has proven to be quite powerful; much of the revolutions going on in Egypt, Libya, Yemen, etc were largly sparked by social networking.

So? people still want money at 10 in the morning.. at least where i live. Social networking for giggles and sex won't make it happen.

tvcreative

If social networking is irrelevant -- why is it I check this darn site so often, and seek the opinion of others on my builds?

AB

I agree with Doug. To me facebook is already dead I don't use and have no need to use and have no desire to use.

There are plenty of FCC forums online and I can't see the need for anymore "media" on the subject.

It's a bike company that stopped making bikes 13 years ago and they aren't coming back :tombstone: enjoy your bikes, but a little perspective goes a long way.

John

Administrator
Staff member
Some perspective here would indeed go a long way.

I set the new page to tie in with the site. All the existing groups will be archived and disappear soon. It was not my intention to tread on any toes.

Facebook pages are somewhat different to groups in the way they operate, they are far more effective in my experience.

As for the future of Facebook (and social media in general) the general trend in recent years has been growth. Facebook is far more pervasive than MySpace ever was so it's hard to draw comparisons. At the end of the day if Facebook isn't for you (or you find it pointless, irrelevant, silly, whatever) the best thing is to ignore this post. Cheers ;)

colker

Some perspective here would indeed go a long way.

I set the new page to tie in with the site. All the existing groups will be archived and disappear soon. It was not my intention to tread on any toes.

Facebook pages are somewhat different to groups in the way they operate, they are far more effective in my experience.

As for the future of Facebook (and social media in general) the general trend in recent years has been growth. Facebook is far more pervasive than MySpace ever was so it's hard to draw comparisons. At the end of the day if Facebook isn't for you (or you find it pointless, irrelevant, silly, whatever) the best thing is to ignore this post. Cheers ;)

well.. if you don't like this talk here about facebook, just ignore it. ;)

tvcreative

thank you rutteger

Thanks....

I'll check out your FB page and become a fan...

Facebook works for me and my friends...

best wishes....

Jim