• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

10 anniversary for sale-large

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I for one am excited to see pix...

There's an amazing device they make nowadays, it makes calls, and takes pictures without wires...

plus it connects to the internet so you can share things with friends...amazing.
I've seen those things...but I had no idea they made calls too!!!

chainline

It is really only worth what someone is willing to pay. And for a bike that has the head badge and drop outs with a dent. is it really worth the extra dollars...Please correct me if wrong.In 93 the Yo's went to the same quad butting tube set that the 10th's were made out of..??? for the purest's out there the fork IS a big deal. Hell Id like to buy it just to cut the brake bosses off it and add some disc tab's and make it something really special..

chainline

can someone explain this to me why is a 10th more valuable as a YO?

Due to the fact that there were only 200 produced. they have a special head badge. and in the rear drop they have the 82-92 stamped into them...and the ser # is noted like 089A2M or of that nature

colker

can someone explain this to me why is a 10th more valuable as a YO?

I asked myself the same question. A couple differences: drop outs are stainless. More important: fork has the same geometry of yo eddy but it's tubeset is the same as big one in. THAT makes the bike different. The BOI fork is susp adjusted. The 10th, from looking at the MBA review, is not.

mkozaczek

The 10th is made from different tubing than the Yo, hasn't this been discussed a great many times???

Overall a 10th is worth more than a Yo, but a beat up 10th missing the rigid fork might not be worth as much as even just a nice Yo with the rigid fork. That's the market nobody cares what people raced back in the 90s, everyone wants a rigid fork today.

colker

The 10th is made from different tubing than the Yo, hasn't this been discussed a great many times???

Overall a 10th is worth more than a Yo, but a beat up 10th missing the rigid fork might not be worth as much as even just a nice Yo with the rigid fork. That's the market nobody cares what people raced back in the 90s, everyone wants a rigid fork today.

i believe it's the same tubing as later yos which actually are less desired than early ones. That's when collectable values become irrational.
The second half of your post is correct.

I-ROBOT

Chris wanted to limit the amount of 10ths that were made. It had nothing to do with the tube sets. I wish I could remember all of the differences between that model and the Yo but I can't at the moment. The dropouts were Paragon stainless steel. I'm pretty sure that the main tubing was all True Temper but I honestly can't say 100%.

I am fairly certain that I welded all of the frames, though. Chris was pretty specific about that. I also beleive that they were all fabricated at the Olive Square shop, though some may have been finished at Linden Street.

It's funny now how the fork seems to determine the value of the bike. The forks were likely welded by Patrick who wound up doing quite a few of the Yo forks and probably George Reynolds and Dave Blakeney welded some too.

Regards
Scott

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
If I were getting a local offer of over $1400 for a well-used 10th frame with no fork, I would happily take it in a heartbeat. Well above market value and as a bonus, no need to deal with shipping, etc.

tvcreative

aaaaaa......yeah

Either this guy is not serious about selling this bike, or it's a mythical beast that we are wasting our time jawboning about....

No pix - with a promise to post - now 2 plus weeks later - is getting me (personally) to lose what little interest I have in this...

A frame without the fork is worth $300-$500 less than market for the both combined - regardless of who rode what at whatever time in history.

Most of the YO forks I have seen lately on FLEABAY have been going around $350 - $400

A new one painted to match from Igleheart is what? around $500?

ptb

Some interesting replies and opinions...amazing a few of the comments made from behind a computer screen. I have had a few off-line offers and they have been supplied with pictures and have also listed the bike on other sites. I'm going to take the best offer I recieve in the next few weeks . If interested in purchasing the bike given the intial description, e-mail me and I'll send the pictures. Nothing I have written about the bike has been a misrepresentation .

tvcreative

Live long and prosper...

Look this guy is simply not interested in sharing pix of his bike with the community.

Here I always thought this was a site for enthusiasts, sort of an active show and tell thing...

For him it's more of a craigslist for FATS - showing pictures to only those who can give him profit.

Have a nice sale...hopefully the person you are selling it to will be excited to let us all see it.

mtbmaniac

Wow, the idiots are multiplying. Thanks for making FC a less interesting place to be, with all your bitter comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.