Ebay is flooded

yo' djblu

I really think the only thing that would make me get rid of mine or my wifes is basically death. :)

i am thinking i need another or to start hording them!

rthomer

But most seem over priced and aren't moving. It's good to see the one guy lowered his price from $6000 to $5999.

DavidP

Ebay Fats

I bought one! Its the 084Y4M for a much more acceptable $600. Although it has cost me almost that again to have it shipped to UK. Was a moment of madness but have lusted after one since the early nineties so am looking forward to getting it. Should arrive Monday so I'll post some pics, etc as would love to get people's views on history, spec, etc.

northerndave

Wow, there is a lot on at the moment. In a way I wish we saw as many in the UK but a part of my wallet is glad we don't. I've had to curtail my Fat buying.,

pwedy

But most seem over priced and aren't moving. It's good to see the one guy lowered his price from $6000 to $5999.

That Dude is outta of his mind if he thinks hes gonna get anywhere close to $5999.00 for that YO....its nice and all but cmon....

Doug Carter

Staff member
There have been some crazy prices on Fats out there in the last month or so. The sellers are really out of touch with the market value of bikes right now, as I can't even get a scratch for my Wicked priced well below what I think it's worth.

Strange market right now, and eBay just adds to the confusion. :confused:

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
The Grello/3DV Yo Eddy in France cracked $2,000 but didn't hit his reserve. Now it is up with a $2,000 starting bid with no takers yet. The first time it was listed he only had one pic and sent a few more if requested---this round he has a lot more up. However, the current pics show it to be in a MUCH more heavily used state than his first auction (or follow up pics did).

If he'd lowered the reserve it would have sold last time....but he would also likely have an unhappy buyer. Cool cool bike, but not $2k cool given the condition (and personally, it is 3DV overkill).

pwedy

And the crazy prices arent limited to bikes...

Why you can bid on some used fat shorts....for a $150.00....used....I mean thats just wrong!

pwedy

I like the Grello/3d violet better than $6000.00 bike and why in the world would you put that stupid flex stem on it...minor detail but it does take away from it....

And i agree $2000.00 is too much for the shape its in...