Arrest Me Red! modern color match?

rmp

My 1990 Wicked (originally Grellow) was repainted by FAT back in 1996 in Arrest Me Red! I still have the original unicrown (black) but am having a new BOI fork made (Igleheart). Black is acceptable, but I'd really like something resembling the AMR! on the bike.

Has anybody had this color matched (or close) recently?

Chris said he would look into it, but I figured I'd try too.

Thanks guys,

rmp
1990 Wicked 18" s/n 907W08 (original owner)

MikeyNYC

My 1990 Wicked (originally Grellow) was repainted by FAT back in 1996 in Arrest Me Red! I still have the original unicrown (black) but am having a new BOI fork made (Igleheart). Black is acceptable, but I'd really like something resembling the AMR! on the bike.

Has anybody had this color matched (or close) recently?

Chris said he would look into it, but I figured I'd try too.

Thanks guys,

rmp
1990 Wicked 18" s/n 907W08 (original owner)

Talk to Rody @ Groovy Cycles, he painted a Fat Chance for me last year that was very close to that Arrest Me Red, so he may know the color code.

rmp

Thanks Mike,

Yeah, after a closer look at the frame this morning, it may not be worth having Chris attempt to match the AMR!, as there are quite a few areas needing major touch-up. May just have him do a black fork now, then perhaps consider a full repaint in a year or two (back to the original grello perhaps?!?)

rmp

rick

red wicked

rmp,

I saw the picture of your wicked and I really like the contrast of the red with black fork (matches the decals too). Fat City did a lot of black forks; I would just go for a black fork too.

rick

rmp

Like I said, after spending some more time with the frame, I don't think the current paint's condition warrants having Igleheart go to the trouble to match it. So I'm leaning black.

Took the old girl out on the singletrack today. Oh so sweet. Other than my numb hands and the too long rear brake housing, it was just about perfect. The new fork should allow a bit more rubber in the front - it's only got 1.8 Hutchinsons on it now.

photo