There's a "P" in my Yo Eddy Serial Number...

Bike Jerks

Hey y’all I’m selling this Yo and just realized it’s got an odd serial number. It’s got 1992 dropouts and the serial is 001P2M

It's also got a threaded BB, not sure when that started, but I do have another Somerville with it.

What’s up with the “P”? Prototype?

I purchased this from someone who said that they used to race for Fat Chance and they swore up and down it was a M/L which I thought was incorrect as it has an "M" in the serial.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

colker

Hey y’all I’m selling this Yo and just realized it’s got an odd serial number. It’s got 1992 dropouts and the serial is 001P2M

It's also got a threaded BB, not sure when that started, but I do have another Somerville with it.

What’s up with the “P”? Prototype?

I purchased this from someone who said that they used to race for Fat Chance and they swore up and down it was a M/L which I thought was incorrect as it has an "M" in the serial.

Any thoughts?

Measure the seat tube and you will know if it´s a M or ML. That´s a start.

fat-tony

Staff member
Here you go

Just picked up the unique frame.

Attachments

• frame.jpg
    frame.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 55
  • serial number.jpg
    serial number.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 1982 drop out.jpg
    1982 drop out.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 1992 drop out.jpg
    1992 drop out.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 48

colker

The distance between drop outs is 10 yrs. Now that´s some wild stuff right there. Ride it into the twilight zone.

fat-tony

Staff member
happy with this single speed Yo.

Still need to make some teaks but rides like a dream.

Attachments

• complete side.jpg
    complete side.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 40
  • complete fork.jpg
    complete fork.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 30
  • complete coffee.jpg
    complete coffee.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 32

colker

Good job: functional build. BUilt to ride. Is that a swift saddle? How do you like it? I am always on the fence w/ brooks.

fat-tony

Staff member
Good job: functional build. BUilt to ride. Is that a swift saddle? How do you like it? I am always on the fence w/ brooks.

Thank you, Colker. It is a Brooks. It’s a Swift Titanium. It’s my first Brooks and I haven’t ridden on it long enough to give you my assessment. Like you, I have been hesitate, but decided to pull the trigger and try one.

I-ROBOT

Wow! This one is a head-scratcher. I can tell that those drops are machined stainless Paragon drops. This was likely a prototype but I really have no memory of it at all. That being said, I did not weld EVERY frame that came through. I was always in early due to my ex's work schedule so I typically left in mid to late afternoon. Some kids came in much later and stayed much later. The welds look like Dave Blakeney's work to me. He would work odd hours all the time. Some days in early, some much later. Chris always wanted me to spread the work around, especially on special projects. I understood that we were a team and not a bunch of I's.

Looks like the dates on the drops were milled in. They are just too even to be hand-stamped. That and the serial number all point to some type of prototype (likely for the 10th Anniv)

Great find and cool single-speed build. Must be light as a feather.

Miss you Tony, hope to get back to AL someday

Scott

fat-tony

Staff member
Wow! This one is a head-scratcher. I can tell that those drops are machined stainless Paragon drops. This was likely a prototype but I really have no memory of it at all. That being said, I did not weld EVERY frame that came through. I was always in early due to my ex's work schedule so I typically left in mid to late afternoon. Some kids came in much later and stayed much later. The welds look like Dave Blakeney's work to me. He would work odd hours all the time. Some days in early, some much later. Chris always wanted me to spread the work around, especially on special projects. I understood that we were a team and not a bunch of I's.

Looks like the dates on the drops were milled in. They are just too even to be hand-stamped. That and the serial number all point to some type of prototype (likely for the 10th Anniv)

Great find and cool single-speed build. Must be light as a feather.

Miss you Tony, hope to get back to AL someday

Scott

I haven't weighed it, and I need to do that, but it is LIGHT. Thanks for the information, and look me up if you ever come back down this way. Hope all is well with you.

colker

I haven't weighed it, and I need to do that, but it is LIGHT. Thanks for the information, and look me up if you ever come back down this way. Hope all is well with you.

Such a beautifull mountain bike. Never rode a Yo Eddy. I love my Wicked.. it has a balance like no other bike. I can only imagine how good the yo is w/ the shorter stays.