FatLanta colour code...anyone

rody

Nate,

I'm pretty sure Doug can start a sub section support group if you like :D

I am normally a "true to the original" kinda guy too, but am also a believer in owners having creative reign over their bikes. As Alan is anxious to do something unique, why not keep it true to the original spirit.

cheers,

rody

IF52

I say if he wants it to be supa wicked, he should paint it the way I originally designed the Fatlanta to be painted. THAT would be unique and to the original intent and spirit of the Fatlanta.

supremate

I say if he wants it to be supa wicked, he should paint it the way I originally designed the Fatlanta to be painted. THAT would be unique and to the original intent and spirit of the Fatlanta.

Hi fellow fatcogs,

I

Last edited:

IF52

Nope, not like that at all. Closer to what Kona did in either 96 or 97 on the A'ha, except there was no white on the bike at all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/26-bmx-cruiser-...mdZViewItemQQptZBMX_Bikes?hash=item2a0337bb7a

Stars in the blue field would have been red and stars in the red field would have been blue. The tricky part would have been the fade since where the red and blue cross would have had the potential to become purple. Ed at Atlanta Pro Bikes had the guys at IF paint a deluxe single speed in the paint scheme after I showed it to him, just to kind of rub it in my face. I think he had them make the stars silver though, iirc. But the fade looked good, so it was do-able by a competent painter.

One of my original ideas, which I dropped right away, was to paint it like a flag, copying a Gianni Motta I had seen a few years earlier. That would have been a way bigger paint in the ass to paint, so I didn't even suggest it.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.