90 Wicked -Ideas

fattiregeek

I have a 18" 1990 Wicked, its been repainted, and re-equipped (all XTR 9s drive train added in 1999)

Bontrager ceramic tubeless ready wheels (I would also throw in a set of XT wheels), Raceface crank, I have a Marzzochi Bomber & an old school RockShox shock fork (had the crown replaced on the Marzzochi, you could have both crowns).

I have 2 sets of bearings for the bottom bracket (one just made this year), and I also have a Philwood spindle and bearings made to work with the frame that have NEVER been used or installed. New lockrings, pretty much everything needed to keep it in top shape

I did not place this in the 'FOR SALE' area because I really dont want to part with it.. but if it would get me half way to a new Superfly.. I just might consider it. Any ideas what the above would be worth? Or is anyone looking. Made the mistake of riding a 29er dual suspension, now I want one.

I hope it was ok to make this post in this area, but since I am not for sure selling and not for sure about anything anymore just wondering if its worth anything and if anyone would be interested in any of it.

Thanks
David

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
As always, pics would help.

If the drivetrain and bike are from wildly different periods, parting it out might be more $$, if more hassle (as is usually the case).

Zamfir

As Nate mentioned pics would be the best place to start if you are looking for an estimate.

I will say the classic Fat's always sell for more when they have the original forks and period correct parts. So an early 90's XT grouppo would be preferable to a late 9 spd XTR, if you are talking resale.

As you know these are great bikes and there will always be a market for them.

Lets see that Wicked!

Last edited:

fattiregeek

As always, pics would help.

If the drivetrain and bike are from wildly different periods, parting it out might be more $$, if more hassle (as is usually the case).

Thanks, I figured that was probably the case. I had the bike so long and really only cared about how it road. I imagine most of the value is sentimental since its not all original. Its been a great bike, but the technology has changed so much. Oh hell, its 22 years old (1 owner) I am probably guilty of 'over loving' the bike.

So more than likely its only worth is in the frame, although the components are nice they are 10 years old.

Ill post a few pics later.
Thanks

fattiregeek

wickedo.jpg

Love the ride, just at 44 years old, the hard tail is starting to beat me up a bit. Think Im probably gonna hang on to it and save the money I need.

moabcroped.jpg

Back in the day, Moab I think it was 1994

tvcreative

I like it, I did the same gear set up on a monster fat, but kept with a rigid fork...

why not keep it and save up your sheckles for a nice 29er?

I have a full suspension Ellsworth Evolve that is super fun on the gritty stuff, and when I feel nostalgic, I ride the old FATs on the flat prairie path around here...

Have fun on your FAT, the value to a collector is only to restore it to original status, thus parting frame, and gear. Wickeds as wonderful as they are - will fetch less than a YO (more collectable). If your back is sore, throw an old Easton Monkey Lite Riser bar on, that will get you upright.

For just tooling around, I prefer the comfortable ride of my Wickeds over my YOs.

Jim