Glossy black YO Eddy

nader

Sometimes miracles still do happen!! ..I've found it :):)

gyo01.jpg

gyo02.jpg

gyo03.jpg

gyo04.jpg

gyo05.jpg

gyo06.jpg

..enjoy football tonight :beer::trophy::beer:

nader

Thank you!

This is my new beauty :) a saratoga yo eddy in M/L with original fork :)

gyo07.jpg

gyo08.jpg

looking for a salsa ahead stem (120-130 length)

colker

awesome.. my size and favourite color. How did you find it? ( a silver ringle would look good there)

nader

..How did you find it? ..

well I would say by fate! ;)

I was two weeks ago work-related in Switzerland. A colleague came one morning with this bike to work, he had no idea of FAT Chance and complained about the bike and said it was for him a lot of sports and uncomfortable and he would need some suspension.
Well what should I say, the opportunity was unique, so I have made him a proposal that he couldn't refuse :cool:

I let the bike build apart in a shop in Zürich and took home only the frameset. It's in top condition.

..but there is something special in this YO eddy, you see that?

gyo09.jpg

Syborg

Glossy Black Yo Eddy

Hi Nader,
congratulations to this stroke of luck. Look here my Yo Eddy in glossy black. Back then with a massive Syncros stem. Meanwhile, I have replaced the Shimano crank for a Syncros crank. The Syncros stem was replaced by a black salsa. I'm curious about your built. The Crank Bros cranks looks ever promising

best regards

Helmut
IMG_3517.jpg

nader

Helmut, ich grüße dich aus dem Norden ...and of course I know your beautiful black Yo Eddy.
I would build mine with silver & black parts of Shimano only as hubs could I imagine the big white Industries Phantoms

kult_white_2.jpg

..but right now I am looking for a matching stem.

Last edited:
..but there is something special in this YO eddy, you see that?

...would that be the Cooks Bros Cranks?

The bike is geourgeous! It must be about a '97? I have a glossy black '98 M/L that is my everyday rider; the only difference is mine is much more beat up but has the rear brake running down the non-drive side and no brake bridge (set up for V-brakes). :beer:

nader

...would that be the Cooks Bros Cranks?

no, not the Cook Bros! the special something is just the fork, it's a big one inch.
I always thought the YO fork would be nicer but the BOI is really even more beautiful :p

SN= YO ML 069 ...the last owner had bought it 96 (so he told me :rolleyes:)

gyo10.jpg

colker

BOI has smaller diameter legs and it's taller. Your Yo is corrected for 2in susp mag 21 and manitous. Both BOI and Yo have a different rake than the usual unicrown 26in mtb fork.

Fiandaca

Wow!

This is turning out QUITE nice, I love the looks of this build. So lucky to stumble across that black Yo in such pristine condition. Keep the progress photos coming...

nader

The best days of the year are over :(, now I am happy just about build of my glossy ..I will continue with black and silver..

..some parts I've found

Salsa

gyo15.jpg

and the best of Ritchey

gyo16.jpg

..and the best of shimano

the Ritchey levers with the XT-735 thumbies will make the cockpit :)

gyo17.jpg

gyo18.jpg

the right front derailleur and cantis are coming ;)

colker

Correct vintage would be xt 737 ... but i like myself your derr. better.
otoh i don't get ultra low bars on Fats. I just find i can throw them around better when i raise my 10º stems.

tvcreative

nice frame and fork...not so in love with your part choices -- but it's not mine, and my opinion really doesn't matter.

I bet you it will ride stellar either way

Its so tough to put cool parts on a mid to late 90s bike

there's always a temptation to put old shimano stuff on...(mainly because it works and is affordable, and easy to get)

I think the bike would look nice with silver RINGLE STUFF (stem, seatpost, hubs, QR's,) and Grafton crank with Speed controller brakes, maybe some paul brakes

The White industry hubs are too cool too.

I think you should sell that kick a$$ early 90s crank to me...nudge nudge wink wink

colker

nice frame and fork...not so in love with your part choices -- but it's not mine, and my opinion really doesn't matter.

I bet you it will ride stellar either way

Its so tough to put cool parts on a mid to late 90s bike

there's always a temptation to put old shimano stuff on...(mainly because it works and is affordable, and easy to get)

I think the bike would look nice with silver RINGLE STUFF (stem, seatpost, hubs, QR's,) and Grafton crank with Speed controller brakes, maybe some paul brakes

The White industry hubs are too cool too.

a mavic mtn rear derrailleur would be nice.