Thanks Fat Cogs!

Doug Carter

Staff member
Hey guys and girls, I just wanted to take a minute to thank all of you.

A little over 6 years ago I decided that I wanted to get back a bike I loved. A bike I had built from the ground up in 1993 and have regretted having to sell it ever since I packed it up and shipped it to Atlanta in 1996. You see, ever since I saw a guy riding a Team Violet Yo Eddy at my local riding trail, I had absolutely lusted after that bike, and no other.

Fast forward to the middle of summer, 2004 and my urge to find another Fat Chance mountain bike took me into the harsh reality that since the company dissolved from what I had loved long ago, that these bikes were now considered vintage, and in many cases, collectibles. And I couldn't find one of my own. Nowhere, no how.

So I took my background in creating internet discussion communities and applied it to something that I really was passionate about

fat66

Thank YOU!

Hey guys and girls, I just wanted to take a minute to thank all of you.

A little over 6 years ago I decided that I wanted to get back a bike I loved. A bike I had built from the ground up in 1993 and have regretted having to sell it ever since I packed it up and shipped it to Atlanta in 1996. You see, ever since I saw a guy riding a Team Violet Yo Eddy at my local riding trail, I had absolutely lusted after that bike, and no other.

Fast forward to the middle of summer, 2004 and my urge to find another Fat Chance mountain bike took me into the harsh reality that since the company dissolved from what I had loved long ago, that these bikes were now considered vintage, and in many cases, collectibles. And I couldn't find one of my own. Nowhere, no how.

So I took my background in creating internet discussion communities and applied it to something that I really was passionate about