• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

1993 Harlequin Anodized Moots Titanium YBB Soft Tail MTB Frame Stem & Seatpost

jpicard616

SOLD

Let me start off by saying that I have no idea what this thing is worth, and after hours of searching, I can't find any like it online (including retrobike). I'm asking $2000 for everything (including shipping to the continental United States), but if you'd like to make me an offer, please feel free to do so.

Yes, you read that title correctly. This is one of only a few Moots frames that were anodized in house in the early 90's. As you can see, the pattern is reminiscent of harlequin diamonds, only the colors shift from diamond to diamond. The rear triangle is more of a rainbow, and the soft tail clamp features smaller diamonds that wrap around the collar. I really wish I knew the complete history of this frame, but unfortunately I am the third owner, and most of the details have been lost to time. Even the current staff at Moots weren't able to tell me anything about it, other than that brief blurb about a former employee doing some in house anodizing back in the day. I was hoping to rebuild this with all original XTR M-900 parts as they were offered in 1993, but I just don't see myself completing it anytime soon. So hopefully someone else will take this project on.

The condition is good all over. There are wear marks and scratches, but zero cracks or dents. The bike is 100% rideable (I was riding it a few weeks ago) and the suspension was rebuilt about a year and a half ago.

Frame measurements:
Seat tube (bb to center) 17.5" (bb to top) 19"
Top tube (center to center) 22.5"
The matching green anodized stem is has a zero degree rise and is 120mm long. The seatpost is original and uncut at 135mm in length. Unfortunately most of the purple anodizing on the post has worn off over time due to constant raising and lowering, but you can still see the purple on the head of the post and on the inside. Both the stem and post are also crack and dent free.

The serial # stamped into the bottom bracket reads T 156 93. The frame takes a 1 1/8" steerer tube/head set, which is pretty early for that diameter.

I have this listed on the bay as well if you'd like to see more photos:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/222632685087?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

But as per usual, I'd much rather deal with a fellow fatcogger and hopefully get to see it's progress during the build stages.

Attachments

• IMG_0509.jpg
    IMG_0509.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.