wicked lite price?

DonH

Im thinking of selling my beloved 1993 wicked lite. I bought new in 94 from Belmont Wheelworks, rode it for a couple of years and then had it repainted by Fat in the team violet color. Its in very good condition(some scratches but NO dents or rust)and built with a mix of period correct parts(xc-pro thumbshifters,m910 xtr hubs and front der.,salsa quill stem,king hs,xtr canti brakes,and a nice FAT embroidered saddle) that are in fine condition. What can I expect to get for it?
Thanks!
Don

DonH

It has the original Fat fork also. Its painted to match the frame. Its really a beautiful bike, i will probably regret selling it.

CTYankee

I also own a 93 wicked lite and have some questions more out of curiosity rather than an interest in buying (other than I would like a slightly smaller frame which hopefully will be resolved by Mike Flanagan if I can survive the 10 month wait).

I believe my bike is not corrected for suspension as I was told such very specifically when I purchased it. My plan was to use it as a touring bike and I didn't want suspension. I purchased it as a factory leftover and received a reduced price although I was still able to select the color and have rack mounts added. My serial number is 237W39. I have talked to one other owner of a 93 wicked and they had a build number of about 100 greater than mine and did have a factory added suspension fork. Thus the change occured between our bikes unless I really have a suspension corrected frame and don't know it. I would like to know where the change actually took place (or at least narrow it down) since I do have this desire someday for another smaller 93 wicked lite with the suspension corrected geometry.

You didn't indicated whether your fork was suspension or not or at least I couldn't figure it out. If your willing to provide it, I would like to know your serial number and really hope the frame size is larger than mine cause I really don't want to be interested in another bike right now even if it is only 20 miles away.

Any help would be appreaciated.

CTYankee

bruce t

Hey Don,

Sounds like a nice bike. What size is it? I'd also be curious to know the serial number.

Is the fork the old unicrown, like the older Wickeds? Or is it something else?

I'm still messing with a late '93 Buck Shaver, also in Team Violet.... That sure is a gorgeous color. Mine has a later Vicious Cycles fork painted to (almost) match -- but Vicious didn't quite nail the red overspray the rest of the bike has. The Vicious fork is a bit longer than my old unicrown Fat forks (I think it's 410mm, vs. 385mm on the Wicked). So I'd guess that that's about the time suspension correction came in.

Sounds like a nice bike -- you're a bit out of season with it. Lately, a couple of minty and one NOS Wickeds have sold on Ebay for $600 or less, but that's frame only. But the full bikes haven't fared a lot better, unless they're really in pristine shape.

Cheers, bt

DonH

Its an 18" frame and the fork is NOT a suspension length fork. Its the unicrown fork that is pictured in the FAT catalog. I will get the serial # posted later today (im at work right now) and try to take some pictures. It really is in excellent condition - it might not be worth selling.

DonH

serial number is 51W38. I will try to post pics tomorrow, as today has been wicked busy (no pun intended). Im thinking that i should keep it though.....

DonH

Heres a few pics of the bike. The current saddle on it is a flite, not the embroidered Fat saddle that was described earlier.I do have the Fat saddle though which I would prefer to sell it with. I still might keep this bike , and sell one of my others instead. Somethings gotta go though.
Would $800. be too much for this?

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 90
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 43
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 47
  • Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

rody

Don,

I'd say that you could reasonably expect to get between $600 - $700 for the bike if you were patient and marketed it well.

Nice bike, but if you're talking selling to a keen eyed collector, there are a few detractors...the repaint in a non-stock color, a mix of period parts rather than adhering to specs, etc... Picky little things, yes, but attention to this type of detail is what brings out the bigger money.

Personally, if it was a bigger size, I'd be all over it! The Wicked Lites were a sweeeeet steel ride...comfy, full of energy, and nimble on the trail (but I don't have to tell you that!)

Good luck,

rody

lucifer

What is up with the non drive chainstay? It looks awful in that pic...
Otherwise it's a pretty dope ride. I Kind of agree with rody but I also think that the frame, fork, stem, headset, and seatpost alone would bring $500-600. So you could probably do a little better by parting it out.

DonH

Thanks all for your input. I really appreciate it.
lucifer- what you are seeing on the non-driveside chainstay is the clear tape I put on it to prevent scratches and scuffing from my heels. The tape has slightly peeled away and dirt has stuck to it which looks kind of ugly in the pictures. The chainstays are in great shape. I should have cleaned it up a bit prior to taking the pics, but time didnt allow it.
Im either going to try to sell this bike or my Sachs cyclocross bike.

Last edited:

DonH

I think Im going to post a for sale ad. Its only taken me almost 2 years to make up my mind:) If it doesnt sell here then its off to Ebay.

Last edited:

DonH

The Sachs CX bike is a 56. A friend of mine has dibs on it currently though if i did decide to sell. It doesnt get a lot of use but is still one of my favorite bikes.
I would love to find a comparable sized Chris Chance cyclocross frameset......

kokies

Don, keep the Sachs unless you have another. True cycling and CT history. Richard has also just announced he has stopped taking new orders.

Did you know that Chris apprenticed with Richard and JP at Witcomb...

Oirad

Original color and parts or not, that's a good looking bike. Excuse my ignorance, but was Wicked lite geometry different from the Wicked? I have an '88 Wicked.

Thanks.

Oirad

DonH

Thanks for the compliment Oirad. I love the team Violet color, and the smaller frame tube diameter of the bike always added to the looks IMO.
I have been told the Wicked lite is the same geometry and tubing as the Wicked, but cannot confirm it. Accordingto my catalogs the Wicked lite had top tube cables, but earlier versions (called the Wicked) had down tube cable mounting.

colker

Thanks for the compliment Oirad. I love the team Violet color, and the smaller frame tube diameter of the bike always added to the looks IMO.
I have been told the Wicked lite is the same geometry and tubing as the Wicked, but cannot confirm it. Accordingto my catalogs the Wicked lite had top tube cables, but earlier versions (called the Wicked) had down tube cable mounting.

it's another tubeset. i believe same diameter but butting is different.

rick

wicked lite

in addition to lighter tubing and top tube cable routing, the Wicked Lite also uses a standard threaded bottom bracket.

Don, your bike is very good looking, I vote for keeping it. I have 9a 4 Lite and it is one of my favorites to ride.

colker

in addition to lighter tubing and top tube cable routing, the Wicked Lite also uses a standard threaded bottom bracket.

Don, your bike is very good looking, I vote for keeping it. I have 9a 4 Lite and it is one of my favorites to ride.

i have a 93 lite and it's special, the liveliest bike i ever had.