• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

[FS] Vintage Parts: Hyperlite, Cook Bros, Shimano, RaceFace...

Doug Carter

Staff member
Lots of parts to get rid of now, as I don't think I'll be doing my vintage bike stuff anymore. Everything goes—I will be adding more to this thread as I find it, so check back often. If you have any questions about anything, just ask. Discounts for combined items. International shipping available, too. Prices do not include shipping. PM me here for total.

Risse GEM 80mm Rock Shox Judy rebuildable oil cartridge
, new-old-stock, with (1) 80mm titanium dummy leg and (2) 75mm ti dummy legs... $75 for everything SOLD

Ringle threadless stem, new, RED, 135mm 0

Doug Carter

Staff member
Depends on where in the USA... the USPS jacks costs to the coast now. I can do $7 shipped, and if it comes out to be less than that, I'll refund the difference.

PayPal is doug AT squareheaddesign DOT com

Deal pending on the Risse parts and Speed Springs.

dc

Doug Carter

Staff member
More to add...

Headset press tool... $20
SOLD

Avid 2.0 and Shimano XT V-brakes
, used... $25

Shimano HG70 7-speed cassette, 11-28, NEW... $20
SOLD

Profile BOA 1" threaded aluminum stem, 120mm, 10

Last edited:

theredchili

Hi Doug ,

could be interested in the hyperlites, can you please pm me shipping costs.

p.s sad to hear your not going to be involved with the retro scene any more !

PPS Sorry Rick, never read your post first,obviously you have first shout on these !

Doug Carter

Staff member
Hyperlite, headset press, Risse cartridges are SOLD. As of now, everything else remains.

PLEASE send me a PM to verify shipping costs and to see if I still have the item you want before sending money
. And when you are making a payment, make sure you write in the PayPal notes what you are paying for. There are a few payments on things that I don't know who is buying what. :confused:

Doug Carter

Staff member
Yeti ODI grips, new... $10
SOLD

Fluorescent pink Oury grips, new... $8
SOLD

Cook Bros black middle chainring, 34T, full size drive (110mm)... $20

Cook Bros purple outer chainring, 46T, full size drive (110mm)... $24
SOLD

RaceFace black middle chainring, used, 32T, compact drive (94mm)... $12

RaceFace black outer chainring, light use, 44t, compact drive (94mm)... $12

Syncros hard anodized inner chainring, used, 22T, compact... $18
SOLD

:alien2:

Last edited:

Doug Carter

Staff member
Very vintage and very rare Nike Access road bike shoes, in very lightly used condition. I have had these for almost 25 years (hard to believe). Super comfortable, but difficult to size because they don't say any sizing anywhere on the shoe. I wear a 9.5 US and a 43 EUR and these are perfect. You can tell they have been well kept and used lightly. $25 for the pair of really great vintage old school Nike road bike shoes.

Last edited:

Doug Carter

Staff member
Deals pending on the Oury pink grips, purple Cooks chainring, red Ringle stem and the Yeti grips. At this point, though, money talks...

Doug Carter

Staff member
Added to the list, a nearly flawless, never used Giro SuperMoto helmet in royal blue and yellow, size MEDIUM. The SuperMoto is one of the best MTB helmets I ever used, and I had this for a GT Psyclone project I was working on years ago that never was completed. I can't see myself doing much more MTB riding anytime soon, so if someone wants a killer vintage lid in near perfect condition, here's your chance... $30 plus shipping, no box or paperwork.
SOLD, PENDING PAYMENT & PICK UP

Kirk Pacenti

What's up?

"I don't think I'll be doing my vintage bike stuff anymore." and "I can't see myself doing much more MTB riding anytime soon."

Doug, I don't hang out here too often, so maybe I missed the memo... Significant life change in the works? Whats up?

Cheers, KP

Last edited:

Doug Carter

Staff member
This happened in April to my right knee when a large piece of concrete suddenly stopped my downward motion while I was holing my 2-year old daughter...

knee_1.jpg

After a lot of pain and therapy, I'm finally getting to walk without so much limp, and I can sit down and eat at a booth at a restaurant. Still not managing life without drugs or PT 3 times a week.

After years of my wife trying to convince me to stop "building" 15 year old bikes with parts that are impossible to find and then unrealistic to ever actually USE, I finally acquiesced and will be on a contemporary bike that doesn't need to be built or modified that I can just ride with my family for fun. With the knee break, I won't be on a mountain trail anytime soon, let alone in a clipless pedal, so there is no reason to keep any of this stuff collecting dust and taking up (valuable, needed) space around the house.

I sold FatCogs, much of my vintage stuff here at the house, and hopefully soon the Zig Zag Wicked that I still own. Once that's gone, I'll be looking for something a little more pedestrian, if not urban oriented.

dc

Last edited:
This happened.

I sold FatCogs, much of my vintage stuff here at the house, and hopefully soon the Zig Zag Wicked that I still own. Once that's gone, I'll be looking for something a little more pedestrian, if not urban oriented.

:(. Doug, I'm sorry to hear this as well. This is a great little corner of the bike world you've built, but I understand the need to move on too. I am glad you were able to sell it to someone (?) who I assume will keep it running smoothly, instead of seeing the fruits of your labors wither. It is one of a few places that I still like visiting and just reading through. Your passion & dedication all this time for these wacky old bikes hasn't only yielded a house full of strange inoperable rusting machinery, it's yielded a lot of enjoyment for the rest of us.

Thank you Doug,
Sincerely,

Pete Doering

Moonhead Machine, etc...

Kirk Pacenti

Doug,

Hmm... I am no doctor, but something looks out of place in that X-ray.:confused:

We're all wishing you a speedy recovery!

Cheers,

KP