New project: 14" Wicked

Spikes

Recently purchased in Germany: a 14" Wicked Fat Chance from 1992 in Violet Metallic. It is in such perfect condition that I would call it NOS. It came with the original fork, but I will be built up with suspension. It's not for me (too small), but for a friend of mine with who I road race on sunday morning. He wanted to buy a Mountainbike in his size and we found this one.
Specs of the parts it will get:
Marzocchi BAM Z2 forks (thanks Geoff), Kalloy (or other) post, SLR XP seat, Salsa bars, stem & skewers, Deore XT gruppo, Mavic X717 rims, Conti tires, Crank Bros pedals, Gripshift shifters, Cane Creek headset and brakes. All the parts will be black. Suggestions welcome!

Attachments

• DSC_0010.jpg
    DSC_0010.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Yo Eddy!

Really great you're helping your friend out with such a great ride! Also nice you are able to do so.

I am also asked for bike advice very often.... , but mostly they show me a 2006 offering with shiny alloy frame, crap fork & discs and xt rear mech (so it is xt built...:confused: ) for too cheap to be true and ask what my thoughts are. I than ask them to quit, as they make me throw up :D

kevin881

Yo Eddy! said:
Really great you're helping your friend out with such a great ride! Also nice you are able to do so.

I am also asked for bike advice very often.... , but mostly they show me a 2006 offering with shiny alloy frame, crap fork & discs and xt rear mech (so it is xt built...:confused: ) for too cheap to be true and ask what my thoughts are. I than ask them to quit, as they make me throw up :D

hehe. Melvin you crack me up.

Spikes

Almost there.... headset needs to be pressed in and the BB needs a spacer. The original fork is for sale by the way. The stem is on its way, this one is just temporary.

wicked_lody_almost_done.jpg

Yo Eddy!

Hi Spikes,

You with all your FATs make Dutch trails (woods) a nicer place. You should get subsidy :D

You (your friend) will opt for forks painted to match??