Rusty Seat Tube Repair

WVEddy

Who is still doing Seat tube repair? I have already emailed Rody and Chris IngleHeart. Is anyone else still doing this? Not sure i can let my Yo Eddy die this way.

jbrannsten

Staff member
I know you already have contacted Chris, but I just wanted to let you know that I have seen his work and it's beautiful...I shipped a frame to him to get the lower part of the seat tube replace because of rust. My frame had a large hole in it but I wanted to give it a try and save it. The result was much better than I hoped for. Yes, I took some time from I sent it until I received it, about a year, but on the other side I told Chris all the way not to rush it and that I had lots of time to wait. I'm sure he can deliver much faster.

Good luck

Jon

WVEddy

Thanks Jon. I appreciate the input. I also see you have lost a lot of fats. That sucks. Mine got grabbed once in college, luckily a buddy of mine spotted it and it was recovered (mostly undamaged). Violet bikes kinda stick out, which is good and bad.

jbrannsten

Staff member
Yea, you loose some and gain even more:D At the time that Yo and Klein was stolen I was 17-18 years old and had spent "a life time" working at the local bike shop in Norway (which also was the importer of FCC at the time) to get funds to buy these bikes. However, I feel I came pretty good out of it considering the bikes I have today.

Thanks Jon. I appreciate the input. I also see you have lost a lot of fats. That sucks. Mine got grabbed once in college, luckily a buddy of mine spotted it and it was recovered (mostly undamaged). Violet bikes kinda stick out, which is good and bad.