Another Rody Yo Eddy Resto Finally Built

chevron

Its a 1991 model , Am 99 % done , just needs Blue center crank bolts , & a few other minor bits. really love the way it looks & Rides ! FAST - very Lite stiff & Responsive.

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    510.3 KB · Views: 104
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    374.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    343.9 KB · Views: 57
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    494.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    307.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    367.9 KB · Views: 39
  • 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    377.2 KB · Views: 40

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
Not really feeling the stem/spacers you've got going on, but the fill tilt ano treatment is fun. The paint job is great.

tvcreative

nice bike, not digging the 80mm of fork spacers you got workin'....but anyone that's ridden one of these knows why you have them....otherwise you would be bent over like a crotchety old man.

jpicard616

Yeah dude, that's a sick build, but definitely cut down the steerer tube and throw on a higher rise stem to meet your riding geometry needs. I had a similar issue with my Yo, as I don't race, or really need to be in such an aggressive position. Then I discovered high rise riser bars and have never looked back.

tvcreative

chevron

didn't want your thread to be a bunch of negative jabs

it's really a very cool build

you are saddled with the burden of having one of most sought after rody rides ever...

If I owned this, I would be torn between a period correct restoration, and a build with many of the kick a$$ bling parts you put on it...

i like your choices so far, and I am sure you will be tinkering for a while to get it perfect.

I would be leary about cutting fork until I tried several combos of bars/stem to get just right

bravo for your 1st attempt on this one....and keep a thick skin

chevron

I appreciate all the comments , & TV you really hit the nail on the head ,with your encouragement , yes it was my first attempt in that type of build.For myself being a novice ,the complex paintjob , seemed to require more thought to be put into the parts selection than I had ever done before. I will not be doing any cutting any time soon .It will evolve as you so wisely stated , thanks chevron

Last edited:

afterbang

I think the bike looks rad and you can't always let form have more influence over function when ride comfort depends on it. super envious of your parts choices and every time I see this frameset i wish it was mine...

in my opinion, one of the raddest and most original paint jobs on a Yo. too bad you can't get this kind of work done by rody anymore... nor could I ever afford it.