BB spindle length for syncros revolution

kokies

Does anyone know what spindle length to run on a Ti fat with a set of syncros revolution cranks? I am guessing something between a 110 and 120. Anyone know?

DRZRM

I've not run them with the Ti frame, but I've had them on a few others. Differences in the spread of chain stays and the fear of clipping the stay with the crank means that this is not such a cut and paste answer. I think you'd be safe with a 117 (I'm pretty sure that's what I have in there now), I like the Phil Woods because you can adjust the line a bit. And anyway, doesn't your crankset deserve the very best?

ZRM

Last edited:

colker

I've not run them with the Ti frame, but I've had them on a few others. Differences in the spread of chain stays and the fear of clipping the stay with the crank means that this is not such a cut and paste answer. I think you'd be safe with a 117 (I'm pretty sure that's what I have in there now), I like the Phil Woods because you can adjust the line a bit. And anyway, doesn't your crankset deserve the very best?

ZRM

hey Z.
you are riding a wicked lite right? do you find it extra flexy when you push it hard on the trail? maybe it's the wicked fork.
btw... it's an awesome commuter bike. awesome.

DRZRM

Remember, I'm running a Yo fork on it, but I don't find it flexy at all. I originally had an old fat box crown fork with curved legs (~83-84). It was on the first Fat I had. It looked great, but it was very flexy. I broke that frame, and they replaced it with a deeply discounted Wicked Lite (1992-93, I really wish I'd upgraded to the Yo). Anyway, I stopped running that fork as I went to an IRD switchblade and then a Manitu 2. Then finally a few months ago I found the Yo. Although you think my bars are too low, I love this setup. So much fun to tear around on.

Oh, by the way Brazil looked great last night against Mexico here in Boston.

Um Abraco,

Z

hey Z.
you are riding a wicked lite right? do you find it extra flexy when you push it hard on the trail? maybe it's the wicked fork.
btw... it's an awesome commuter bike. awesome.

colker

Remember, I'm running a Yo fork on it, but I don't find it flexy at all. I originally had an old fat box crown fork with curved legs (~83-84). It was on the first Fat I had. It looked great, but it was very flexy. I broke that frame, and they replaced it with a deeply discounted Wicked Lite (1992-93, I really wish I'd upgraded to the Yo). Anyway, I stopped running that fork as I went to an IRD switchblade and then a Manitu 2. Then finally a few months ago I found the Yo. Although you think my bars are too low, I love this setup. So much fun to tear around on.

Oh, by the way Brazil looked great last night against Mexico here in Boston.

Um Abraco,

Z

loads of brazilians there in Boston.. a sweet GF lived there for yrs and just went back there. everybody say it's NICE.
the wicked is ultra fun but i feel the flex on the fork and on the seatstays when i brake: mush city cycles. i am running cantis.. so maybe..