• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

1994 Buck Shaver Singlespeed Near Mint Condition

lucifer

Hi Everyone.
I am finding myself in need of more space in my garage and more money to pay for a new project. So unfortunately the time has come to sell my totally cool buck shaver blinglespeed. I personally think that bucks actually ride better than yos even if they are a couple ounces heavier. The geometry is identical afaik.

This bike was built from all NOS parts (including the frame) about 4 years ago. It has been ridden less than a dozen times since then. It appears to be a somerville frame that was painted in NY as it has the somerville serial number but the NY decals. While the bike is not showroom new it is in excellent, ready to ride condition. No issues of any kind. Always stored in my garage.

The bike cost me nearly $1500 to build.
Asking $1195
I would be willing to sell it without the wheels and or drivetrain if someone wants the bike but doesn't want to singlespeed it. Let me know if that's how you want it.

Build highlights.
Fat chance Buck Shaver frame 1994 Medium
Marz. Marathon SL fork (I believe its a 2003), one of the best forks ever available in 1"
Chris King headset.
Handbuilt wheels with White Ind. Eno Eccentric rear hub and Ringle front hub on mavic rims. Wheelsmith spokes and blue and gold alloy nips. 28 spoke. Very light.
Syncros post.
Zooka Stem
Black and Yellow Max Flite saddle
Avid ultimate V brakes.
Control tech bars, ti front skewer and ti seatpost binder bolt.
Yellow race face turbine Cranks
WI Eno 16t freewheel.
Onza Porcs.

DSC_0008.JPG

lucifer

I am open to offers for the whole bike or otherwise. I would also be interested in certain trades (the main thing I'd be looking for is a modern compact framed ti or steel roadbike with around a 58cm tt.)

rody

Excellent price folks...the Buck is truly one of the most under rated bikes out there.

Good luck Eli,

rody

lucifer

Excellent price folks...the Buck is truly one of the most under rated bikes out there.

Good luck Eli,

rody

Yeah I really need to sell this. We are getting a husky puppy and I need money for a fence....

The buck is just like a yo except that it rides smoother. So what if it is an ounce or two heavier, fats aren't the lightest frames anyways. And this one is a much nicer color than most bucks.

colker

Yeah I really need to sell this. We are getting a husky puppy and I need money for a fence....

The buck is just like a yo except that it rides smoother. So what if it is an ounce or two heavier, fats aren't the lightest frames anyways. And this one is a much nicer color than most bucks.

what about that Ibis ti bar?

Colker

MikeyNYC

Good luck with the sale-Post a photo of the Husky Pup!

lucifer

Frame price now $350 + shipping.
You can't buy a steel frame anywhere near this nice for this price these days.
I know someone out there wants this.
And I am tired of making ebay rich.
If I can't get this for it I suppose I will stick it in the attic and wait for the economy to turn around.

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
Great price on a sweet frame.

You might try posting up on RetroBike UK, if you don't mind shipping overseas. Their currency is stronger and they certainly dig Fats.

lucifer

I thought about it.
At this price I am not sure I want to take on the hassle and risk of shipping overseas. With components its not a big deal but frames are something else altogether.

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
Just an option. I agree that at that price, someone should snag it here!

I've shipped a few frames overseas (UK and France) and have had no problems. But I agree it can add another level of difficulty if something goes wrong.

Anyway, another free bump :)