• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

Mint Fat Ti...Bike w/ a history

T.G.

Absolutely MINT '93 Fat Titanium (L). Frame was one of the very first production Ti frames and originally hung in the long defunct "Spoke on the Hill" shop in Boulder CO. I saw the frame when it first arrived and dreamed of owning it. But my college student budget didn't allow it!
Not long after this frame got to 'Spoke', the shop closed down and most of the inventory went to a resale/consignment shop. I was told that Fat City had tried very hard to get the frame back but the shop owner had unloaded everything secretly and they didn't locate it in time! (Because I came across the frame the day after it was unloaded to the reseller)
Since this seemed like a blessing from above, I took a loan from the folks and I've owned this thing ever since! Unfortunately, I really only rode the bike for a few years and have just kept it in storage ever since. A feeling of nostalgia made me pull it out, take it to a shop to have it tuned and enjoy the looks once more. The history behind this bike is what has kept me from selling it..until now.
Having worked at a shop in SoCal long ago gave me the opportunity to load this bike w/ the best parts available..at the time ('97)

Full XTR drivetrain and brakes.
Syncros seat post, Syncros crankset, Syncros stem, Syncros Ti handlebar.
Mavic Ceramic rims w/Ti-dyed titanium spokes.
King hubset.(red)
King Ti headset.
RockShox SID fork

Need to sell so if interested, give a shout out and we'll talk!

jh4rt

I'll be the first to ask.

Do you have any interest in parting it out?

Also, this thread is of little to no use without PICS! ;-):cool::cool:

If you would consider parting the bike out, then some actual measurements would be awesome.

Best regards.

-jim.

T.G.

Fat Ti

I'm in Cleveland OH..

Don't want to part it out..sorry
Tried to upload pics multiple times but its not working for me..if you would like pics, give me an email and i'll send'em to ya!

Bike is a beauty..always drew a crowd and still does, at least at the shop I just took it into a few days ago.

rody

TG,

I'm in Wooster, just a bit south of you. Would like to see some pics to keep my interest in check ;)

Send me some pics please and I'll post them up for you.

rody at groovycycleworks dot com

thanks,

rody

mainlyfats

Here it is Rody

I'm seriously thinking about this one too...

Attachments

• 1812285414_3b979fc021.jpg
    1812285414_3b979fc021.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 110

rody

Thanks for posting the pic.

Nope, not feeling it. If it were available as just the frame, perhaps...

cheers,

rody