Maiden voyage of a Fat Disc-Go Queen

tvcreative

Okay, Okay, so I paid the freight on this beauty...

but....

Rides like a new fat, functions like a modern machine....

I think this one won't live on the wall...

Attachments

• IMG_0305.jpg
    IMG_0305.jpg
    412.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0307.jpg
    IMG_0307.jpg
    353.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0308.jpg
    IMG_0308.jpg
    403.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0311.jpg
    IMG_0311.jpg
    393 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0312.jpg
    IMG_0312.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0313.jpg
    IMG_0313.jpg
    482.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0314.jpg
    IMG_0314.jpg
    394.9 KB · Views: 33

Syborg

Congratulation for this cute looking 99 New York made Yo Eddy! Disc bike. Thats one of the last bikes from Fat Chance.

This bike is definitely to young for the wall. I hope you have a lot of fun on the trail with it.

Greetings from Germany Helmut

zack

Congratulation for this cute looking 99 New York made Yo Eddy! Disc bike. Thats one of the last bikes from Fat Chance.

This bike is definitely to young for the wall. I hope you have a lot of fun on the trail with it.

Greetings from Germany Helmut

This is a great looking ride! Hope you enjoy many trails with it! I am currently re-building a 98 yo with disc set-up and seeing this ride makes me want to go out now!.... But still waiting for frame to return from custom weld. One question

chevron

Very nicely built , if I do say so , myself ! I am also a Turbine lover . Glad you got it , & I'll bet you keep enjoying it for a long time , it's got such a light & lively feel doesn't it? I will truly miss it -best Ron

tvcreative

response

Not sure it has been repainted...I got it from Chevron, and I think, based on the research, that it was one of the last two in original condition - out of FC in NY. (probably a custom color for a custom order)

If someone out there knows the story, do tell.

It rides very similar to my 2004 Serotta Odile...

tvcreative

SN unsure

Well... I think this was asked when Chevron was selling this...

It is heavily painted and lightly stamped...

I tried running a black crayon over it....

this is what i think it is....

P. MO 8

tvcreative

1999 Yo Eddy Disc

In 1999...

There were a handful of discs based frames made -- and this is one of them.

If I can piece together the history of past threads - this is one of the last two under the FC name in New York.

If I understand history, FC shifted it's company name, principals, and a few employees to NY. The bikes built there - were eventually absorbed and built by Serotta.

At or around the same time....

Some of the remaining Massachusetts FC employees stayed and went on to form Independent Fabrication. (Do I have this stated politically correct?)

BTW....this frame has a weird 51mm rear disc set up...(I think there is an adaptor to go to International standard)

Very clubby brazing, on rear stay, pre seat stay standard...

I am assuming the bike came with a 63mm travel JUDY XT fork...I have one, but I really think it pales in comparison to a good old rigid fork.

I set this one up with a Vicious Cycles True Temper fork, 425mm.

I will eventually get an Igleheart disc mount, probably shorter - 410mm

The BB height right now is 11 and 7/8ths inches, and is very stable...

I am assuming original spec on this was 11.75"

I don't plan on doing a lot of aggressive riding downhill -- just flat prairie path, and local IL and WI singletrack, so I am not worried about the stay flex...(didn't notice any on 25 miler from Saturday)

Please feel free to correct my sloppy history lesson...

thanks

Jim