• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

[ic] Disk Fat ti

sargon

Interest check for my 00/01 disk Fat Chance Yo Eddy ti. Good condition size M (ie 17" C-to-C). Currently built up with XTR and Pace Carbon fork. At this point I am not sure about selling but if I did would be looking at about 2k obo, but if someone is interested let me know.

Last edited:

sargon

No one did the conversion. It came like that from Fat. It was one of the last frames they did and possibly the only disk ti. Hayes style mount but you can get adapters.

Here is an old pic (diff components now):

AB

Ti Fats made in early 2000 have higher serial numbers - a close up of the disk tabs would help. I can't see them at all.

sargon

Ti Fats made in early 2000 have higher serial numbers - a close up of the disk tabs would help. I can't see them at all.

Your serial info must be wrong or incomplete then. Do a search for "sargon" on this forum and you will see some posts from 2005 discussing the frame. Anyway I will try and get a close up picture this weekend.

AB

Your serial info must be wrong or incomplete then. Do a search for "sargon" on this forum and you will see some posts from 2005 discussing the frame. Anyway I will try and get a close up picture this weekend.

my info isn't wrong - peoples memories may be. FCC built the last frames in 2000 - doesn't matter when they sold them.

sargon

my info isn't wrong - peoples memories may be. FCC built the last frames in 2000 - doesn't matter when they sold them.

So whats your point? Are you implying that my serial number is wrong or a lie or that the disk tabs did not come from the factory?

MikeyNYC

I have Ti Fat Chance #: TF ML 1176 and I was told by Wendyll, who I bought it from directly at the Fat Chance Ranch in late 2001 that it was a "1999" model but that it was built in late 2000 in an effort to use up all of the remaining Fat City frame tubes/bits/materials that Fat City owned but had leftover at the Serotta factory when they went out of biz, so there were a few Ti Fats in that batch as the Ti tubes, drop-outs and other frame parts were custom ordered and designed by Chris Chance and were also very expensive...I was also told that there were a handful, maybe 5 Ti Fat's with those exact disk mounts, so it is a legit Fat Chance but I don't know what year they were made, but it can't have been later than 2000...Hope that helps and please simmer down dudes.

sargon

I have Ti Fat Chance #: TF ML 1176 and I was told by Wendyll, who I bought it from directly at the Fat Chance Ranch in late 2001 that it was a "1999" model but that it was built in late 2000 in an effort to use up all of the remaining Fat City frame tubes/bits/materials that Fat City owned but had leftover at the Serotta factory when they went out of biz, so there were a few Ti Fats in that batch as the Ti tubes, drop-outs and other frame parts were custom ordered and designed by Chris Chance and were also very expensive...I was also told that there were a handful, maybe 5 Ti Fat's with those exact disk mounts, so it is a legit Fat Chance but I don't know what year they were made, but it can't have been later than 2000...Hope that helps and please simmer down dudes.

Thanks for the info. I always thought that these later frames where built by Serotta; any info on who may have been building them?

And I will simmer now :)

MikeyNYC

Thanks for the info. I always thought that these later frames where built by Serotta; any info on who may have been building them?

And I will simmer now :)

No problem and nope, I have no clue who was building these frames over at Serotta, I would assume they were skilled Serotta frame builders that were trained or at least schooled in Fat Chance building practices, most likely by Chris Chance as he was still involved up until Fat City left Serotta and moved to Vermont, but not much went on after that as far as I've heard. What I do know is that my Ti Fat Chance is very well made but it still has the look of a Fat Chance despite not being made in Somerville.