• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

FAT CHANCE, criss cross cyclo-x frameset

MikeyNYC

scant said:

Pardon my lack of knowledge of Cyclo-Cross, but if set up properly, could this be as close to a 29" Wheeled Fat Chance as one could get?

Also, how should this frame fit the average rider; more like road bike sizing, or slightly smaller then one's road bike size like an old school Rigid MTB for easier off-road handling?

Any help from the group would be interesting for me to read!

Thanks,

Michael-NYC

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Notes from the 1999 catalog

Sizing info for the Chris Cross is as follows (seat and HT angles not given):

Size 55cm, Standover 32.3", TT (c-c) 22.2", Fork Offset 1.75", HT Length 132mm, Wheel Base 39.9"

Catalog says rear wheel spacing could be either 130 or 135mm. Color looks like ferrous metallica.
Top tube lengths on this model seems too short to me to make it a true offroad niner. Catalog says people " also use their cross bikes as pothole-hopping urban assult vehicles and for long distance touring. Mulitple wheelsets will give you maximum flexibility and equip you for everything from road crits to rock garden adventures."

MikeNZ

chris cross

wish I had seen that earlier - went for 650 sterling.

If anyone sees another please send me an email.

Thx,

Mike