new to the site

afterbang

Hey everyone,

My name is Matt and I'm currently on the hunt for the right frameset for my build and have finally decided to join the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I'm 27-years-old and started racing XC when I was 8-years-old in Maryland. I spent a good few years doing the NORBA nationals when I was young, was a sponsored freeride and dirt jumper for a few years, and I still ride some DH events when I get the time. I rode on the Schwinn Homegrown team for a little while but I've been riding bikes made by Frank Wadleton (Frank the Welder) most of my life as my brother was a pro for Spooky Cycles. I currently have a custom one off freeride bike made by Frank as well as a slew of old Spookys hanging around. I remember first seeing Fat City Cycles bikes when I was like 10 and my dad eventually bought one but unfortunately sold it after getting big into the Homegrowns.

After having a kid and not being able to ride as much, I got into this obsession with wanting to rebuild a vintage mountain bike. I found all of the old bike parts my dad had in boxes and now have some pretty much new Avid Tri-Aligns, Cook Bros and White Industries cranks, Old CK and Nuke proof wheesets, old syncros parts, XTR stuff, a brand new set of Grip Shift X-Ray shifters, and some other odds and ends. A family member has a pretty much unused Rock Shox Mag fork that I'm going to get and that's about it for parts for my build. I'm spending more time than my wife would like trying to find a frameset and an early 90s Yo Eddy seems to be it. I've come across some older 80s frames but a threaded bottom bracket shell is attractive to me. Maybe I just need to get some more into on the press fit ones...

Thanks for this awesome resource, I have much to learn about the different frames and forks available and I can't wait to get to the point where I can share my build with all of you.

- Matt McNutt