1988 Wicked Fat Chance (period correct...I hope)

RobTu

Hey whats up Rob! Hope all is well with you. I see you've been interested in some of the parts off of the ol' wicked I picked up from you. I can't bear the thought of breaking her up since you put together such a masterpiece in the first place, but IF you're interested in buying back the Wicked, she's all yours. This offer is for you only. She's in the same condition, except that the U-brake is dialed in to stop on a dime and I had added thorn-resistant tubes. Haven't ridden her much, just occasionally around the neighborhood with my kiddos. I am looking for a few parts, maybe we can work something out. Check your pm in a few....thx.

wow. What's up!

Very cool, and I am interested. Let me read your PM, and we'll definitely be talking. Before I pick it back up from you, I'll have to sell my 83 Fat to make room in the stable, and add a few funds to the paypal.

DocChill

A lovely Wicked...

...you've made ;)!!! I really like the Salsa/Fat Stem/Bar combination and the great IRD seatpost! Chapeu!!! I really love it :)!

Best regards, Daniel

RobTu

...you've made ;)!!! I really like the Salsa/Fat Stem/Bar combination and the great IRD seatpost! Chapeu!!! I really love it :)!

Best regards, Daniel

I miss that bike, but I already have a new Wicked project in the works, so, Randy, might not be taking this one back from you, though I would love to have the IRD seatpost and American Classic hub'd wheelset back...probably don't want to part it out, and rightfully so.

Thanks for being cool and offering; much appreciated!

dolefee

I miss that bike, but I already have a new Wicked project in the works, so, Randy, might not be taking this one back from you, though I would love to have the IRD seatpost and American Classic hub'd wheelset back...probably don't want to part it out, and rightfully so.

Thanks for being cool and offering; much appreciated!

No prob man! I'll happily keep the Wicked! Glad to hear you've got another in the works; I'm certain this project will turn out to be another great build. Wish I had doubles of the IRD post, will keep an eye out for you. Take care and pls post pics once you've completed the Wicked...

RobTu

No prob man! I'll happily keep the Wicked! Glad to hear you've got another in the works; I'm certain this project will turn out to be another great build. Wish I had doubles of the IRD post, will keep an eye out for you. Take care and pls post pics once you've completed the Wicked...

Will do :)

MikeyNYC

Rob,
I have an American Classic wheelset on one of my 1983 Fats, do you have a wheelset that you would be able to trade for those that may go well on my 83 (below)?

3FCC551A-68AE-425C-90A2-180B660EDE61-11417-000007B4142E9F6B_zps2c4e777b.jpg

RobTu

Michael,

Nice! I might; let me have a look around, and see if I have anything that would suit a fine early 80's ride like that one.

RobTu

Cool, you know where to find me.

Definitely. Still have a Brooks saddle that is waiting for you.

Found a high flange early shimano hubset, deerhead years or earlier, though it doesn't look like I have a complete wheelset. Have one more place to check.

MikeyNYC

Thanks Rob - I forgot about that seat! I should pay you a visit.

I have few sets of unlaced Deere Head hubs as well as wheels, but no extra wheel sets that are really correct for that 1983.