Bringing it back from the dead !

chainline

Last night I was woken out of a dead sleep with and Idea, See. All of us here love this brand so much why don't we figure a way to bring it back....from the Grave!! I'm sure we could find a frame builder, welder,machinist, tooler,ETC, so what would it take,Well. I know what it would take. but how cool would it be ? I need s to start somewhere so why not here.. what's your thoughts Fat cogs!:D

Doug Carter

Staff member
IMO, more mystique and fond memories with Fat City gone forever. Plenty of new builders out there with character and style if you want something quirky and interesting, like Groovy, Vanilla, Geekhouse, etc. Those builders do a great service to the legacy of micro bike companies like Fat City, and can build bikes as good if not better than 15-20 years ago.

So buy a brand new frame from Rody or Marty or Sacha if you want something with heart, soul and character, or buy an old Fat and revive it to new. But I'd say leave Fat Chance as history instead of trying to resurrect a memory into something new.

AB

Yep ... I gotta agree with Doug on this. Definitely wouldn't be the same company or mystique. Look at Ibis or Mountain Goat - not the same. You can get a "new" Yo from Ted Wojcik in New England no doubt as good as FCC.

Let sleeping dogs and old defunct frame builders lie.

AB

tvcreative

Ouchy....

Don't forget to add Tony Pereira to the list of the small and mighty.

I like your thinking...

maybe the new company could be called

Fat Chance in H.E double toothpicks

I love the four FATs I have...and have thought the same thing

Can you post the start up money?

I'll do the creative/marketing work for free...

fat-tony

Staff member
Pick up a frame cheap due to a rusted out seat tube / bottom bracket shell. Restore it, add disk tabs, and change out the head tube size. Ride on and keep the spirit alive! Or restore back to original and keep it in it's vintage glory.

A resto mod ain't bad IMHO as long as the frame was damaged anyway. :beer: