Disk mount equipped FATs?

scant

hi all

late in the history of FAT a few yo eddys & apparently 1 fat chance ti (TFM1160 from what I've heard?!?) had haynes style disk brake mounts on the chainstay. Does anyone actually own 1 of these bikes? or know of any whereabouts? If you do please private mail me!

Also curious to see more pics. I'll try & found out how many of these were built. I know its not a lot! I saw a pic on mtb-classic.de/ forum some time ago. If anyone can find that original thread & attach it here would be most appreciated!

:D

Zook

A Guy on Ebay answered your question about what the disc brake mount looked like... I attached the picture here -->

Attachments

• ed_1_b.JPG
    ed_1_b.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 49

John

Administrator
Staff member
That Yo with the disk mounts was on MTBR for US$1000 a week ago. It's a more sensible price on the 'bay, just a shame he wants US$350 to ship it over to Blighty.
Does anyone still do disks to fit Hayes mounts?

kokies

More pictures for you folks.

Attachments

• PICT0082s.jpg
    PICT0082s.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 26
  • PICT0084s.jpg
    PICT0084s.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 27
  • PICT0087s.jpg
    PICT0087s.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 29

gohanbowy

man this guy is a scam artist... this fram isnt worth it... but something that is. it costs $78 for a brake mount like this in QBP which is a wholesale catalog from a bike shop.

NCAndy

Disk ready TI

Scant,

For about two +/- years I owned a disk equipped TI fat. Mark at Fat told me it was the only one ever made when I bought it direct from them in late 2000 or early '01 (whenever they were closing up shop). It was a nice bike but I don't think it was a good as their MA offerings. I ended up selling it to a guy in the DC area. If I could find the paperwork on it, I could verify the S/N to see if it jives with your info.

Hope that helps you out.

Someone mentioned being able to get frame decals still on one of the other messages, is this for real? Both of my Yo's are in need of a repaint.

Andy in west NC

Proud owner of 2 Yo's and a Slim

scant

NCAndy, private mail me dude :) wendyl still does complete decal sets for $25 :)
I've also heard there was only 1 disk brake equipped FAT ti made, lucky you, DOH you sold it! would be cool to see pics if you have any?

sargon

My Disk Fat Ti

Here is a pic of my disk ti Fat. Its been in storage for the last 3 years while I have been working overseas. Nice bike, a little on the small side for me. When I get it back I will pimp in out and, well, put some disks on the rear.

Cheers, Shawn

Attachments

• ti_fat.jpg
    ti_fat.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 74

NCAndy

Boy, that frame sure does look familiar. Glad to see it is still up an running. Hope you are enjoying it Shawn.

Andy

sargon said:
Here is a pic of my disk ti Fat. Its been in storage for the last 3 years while I have been working overseas. Nice bike, a little on the small side for me. When I get it back I will pimp in out and, well, put some disks on the rear.

Cheers, Shawn

NCAndy

Like I said in a previous posting, I bought from Fat in late '00 what they told me was the only disc mount equipped ti frame they had ever made. It was a medium. I don't know if I still have the original paperwork or not. I'd have to dig a bit to see if it is here. I rode the bike for two years and then sold it to a guy named Shawn who lived in the DC area. I sold it to help pay for my Uzzi SLX. My riding style has changed a bunch over the years and I'm more into drops and FR/DH type stuff than typical XC riding. That said, I still pedal that 40lb. beast up the same hills I rode on the ti. It just hurts a whole lot more on that Uzzi.

Some where on my hard drive or on a cd there are pics of me riding the ti. Good bike but, my riding habits have changed so my stable has changed accordingly.

Still have my two MA yos and my slim.

Salud

Andy

scant said:
I'm guessing some of you guys have all owned this frame at some stage?

what size is it? medium? :)