When was I born?

Vagante

Fat chance serial number 87062. I bought this new as I remember in the mid to late eighties at a shop going out of business. I had no idea what this bicycle was but I knew that I liked it. I ride it at least two to three times a week and absolutely love and Would never sell it. I would like to know when it was made.. Thanks very much

Last edited:

Vagante

That's most likely 87062, so early 1987.

Any pics?

Tried to upload and I get a message that file is too large for forum. New phone and don't know how to reduce pixels. Will play with it tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

And yes that is an "8" not a 3. Old age is hell......:skull:

I-ROBOT

Fat chance serial number 37062. I bought this new as I remember in the mid to late eighties at a shop going out of business. I had no idea what this bicycle was but I knew that I liked it. I ride it at least two to three times a week and absolutely love and Would never sell it. I would like to know when it was made.. Thanks very much

Do you remember the name and location of the shop? Just curious
Scott

Vagante

I don't. It was an outdoor shop in Decatur Ga. Church Street as I remember. 1987-88ish. They sold hiking gear, climbing and a few bikes.

Cranked the phone camera to lowest setting and still too large to upload pics.

Last edited:

Retro Dude

Can't tell just from serial number for 1987, both Fats & Wicked Fats were serial number only, no "F" or "W" until the last few for that year. '88's had the "F" or "W" as a suffix.

Attachments

• 87 fats.jpg
    87 fats.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 18