1991 Yo Eddy Team

Theodorus

I've owned this '91 Yo since new. It was originally Kandy Cherry, built up with Suntour XC Pro/LTD, Ringle, Control Tech, Rock Shox Mag 21, etc. I rode, raced, and traveled to some of best mountain biking destinations in the country in the 90's & then retired it. I restored it a few years ago, going SS, with an original Big One Inch, pearl white paint, etc. I've been riding it on twisty Central Florida single track since then. Though I've owned loads of fantastic bikes over the years, this one is special. I'll never part with it.

Attachments

• Yo Eddy at River 022414.jpg
    Yo Eddy at River 022414.jpg
    468.9 KB · Views: 222

Theodorus

Like it!
what tires are those?

They are Vredstein Black Panther 2.35's. They are really big but they roll fast and are light for their size. I used a side cutter to trim the side knobs down on the rear tire to avoid chainstay rub. I run 18 lbs front 20 lbs rear and have never flatted.

chefmiguel

Can't disagree with Mainly and Colker. It may seem like a big expense but as you said you will never sell it. It deserves a fitting stem.

Theodorus

Can't disagree with Mainly and Colker. It may seem like a big expense but as you said you will never sell it. It deserves a fitting stem.

I agree, and have been looking on and off for a Syncros cattleprod quill stem for a while. (any ideas?). Since this bike gets ridden I will stick with the XT V-brakes as they are beautiful and work great. If I decide to make this bike a trailer queen I'll put some old canti's on it as well as a nice narrow flat bar. Lastly, the front wheel shown is my spare-the matching wheel was in the shop getting rebuilt.

mainlyfats

I can thoroughly recommend Rick Hunter if you get bored of waiting for a Syncros or can't afford it when you find it. He makes beautiful stuff and a one-piece that nails your riser bar+stem angle perfectly would be boss.

Check it out!

http://flic.kr/p/6ZkLud