SS conversion question

chainline

I have always run the chainring to the inside of the crank and had good alinement.you should be able to put the gear anywhere you want on the rear cassettee body for the best alinement with the eno hub it should put you right in the middle of the freehub.

smittylube

I now have had quite a few rides with this setup and am loving it. So simple and clean looking. Next I want to try a 34/18 to see how/ if it feels different than the 36/20.
This bike rules in the tight twisty single track (like we all didn't know) I ride now, I even made it up some root 'steps'
I doubt I would have made on my squishy..
The only drawback is I do suffer more on the climb outs- but even that is getting better.

theredchili

Ive just changed from 34:16 to 34:18, at first I thought it was a bit spinny, but on single track it rules, bit kinder on the knees too :D

chainline

I now have had quite a few rides with this setup and am loving it. So simple and clean looking. Next I want to try a 34/18 to see how/ if it feels different than the 36/20.
This bike rules in the tight twisty single track (like we all didn't know) I ride now, I even made it up some root 'steps'
I doubt I would have made on my squishy..
The only drawback is I do suffer more on the climb outs- but even that is getting better.

AHhhhhhhh you will pull the gear. it takes a little to get usedto it and momentum is your friend/ and a nice set of wide bars.....