Chris Chance - Slim Chance Decal Set

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
They are so nice. I saw two on eBay in the las couple years and one on craigslist locally (well, RI) a few months back......so they do exist. Don't lose hope!

(but do hope you can find one with the segmented fork!!)

*edit----ha.....saw you were just looking for decals. D'oh.

settemarche

Yo Nate,

no worries. i did find one. does not have the segmented fork. but hey, still pretty sweet. i cannot wait to blow doors on some of these carbon framed goons!

Sette

mainlyfats

I spent a year looking for Chris Chance decals to no avail, so I'd be interested to hear about it if you find some.

Wendyll took my money for a set years ago; I don't recommend that route.

sivert

Hi,

I am restoring an old Chris Chance road frame, serial number 156. Not sure what year it's from, would guess around 1980. I don't know what the decals looked like at that time, so I drew a set based on pictures I found of more recent bikes (road frames from the 90's). Anyway, in case the decals might be of interest to others, I have attached them to this post. Formats are .odg (had to change file name to .txt to allow upload), .pdf and .jpg. I would recommend to have them printed by a professional printing shop, it would be hard to match that quality on a home printer.

Regards,
Sivert

Attachments

• logo.jpg
    logo.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 17
  • logo.pdf
    61.1 KB · Views: 9
  • logo.txt
    79.6 KB · Views: 4

mainlyfats

Hi,

I am restoring an old Chris Chance road frame, serial number 156. Not sure what year it's from, would guess around 1980. I don't know what the decals looked like at that time, so I drew a set based on pictures I found of more recent bikes (road frames from the 90's). Anyway, in case the decals might be of interest to others, I have attached them to this post. Formats are .odg (had to change file name to .txt to allow upload), .pdf and .jpg. I would recommend to have them printed by a professional printing shop, it would be hard to match that quality on a home printer.

Regards,
Sivert

You are a god. I've been looking for this for 5 years.

Many thanks Sivert!

settemarche

Slvert,

awesome work. the only thing that i would mention is that the Fat City road frame was called the Slim Chance in the early years. late 80's through the mid 90's. it is my understanding that when Fat City moved to New York in the later 90's the name of the road frame was changed to the Chris Chance - for which you now have the decals.

just recently i had my 1992 frame restored. it is due back tomorrow. i hope to post pictures this weekend.

thanks for all your hard work,

Sette