Was there ever a TI Big 1 inch?

Jeeves

I thought I'd seen reference to a titanium version of the Big 1 Inch fork somewhere online. (can you guys tell I'm obsessing over this -- it's all I post about). Can anyone confirm that this was ever done? I'm wondering if a TI version would be a nice middle road between steel and suspension.

Thanks!
-Raj

rick

Ti Big One Inch?

to my knowledge, Fat City never made a Ti version of the fork.
There have been at least 2 others people selling Ti forks that looked very similar to the Big One Inch. I believe that they were made in Asia.
I have not seen any for sale recently, but Michael in NYC (big Fat City fan) has one on his Ti Fat and it looks very cool.

Jeeves

Thanks for the info Rick!

I did recently see a "Mike in NY" who said that he had a custom TI "Big one inch style" TI fork. Is he a member here? Please post a pic if you are!

-Raj

MikeyNYC

Ti Fat Fork

Raj,

I do have what I call a "custom" Yo Eddy style Titanium rigid fork on my Ti Fat Chance. I bought it from a guy in Wisconsin who supposedly took either a Yo Eddy or a Big One Inch Fat City fork (made of steel) and had someone, perhaps in either the US or most likely China, copy it in very high quality Titanium. I don't know how to post photos on here but I would be more then happy to provide a photo if you'd like one...

There are 2 other rigid Ti forks that look very similar to a Fat City Big One Inch, one is the Morati made in like Czecheslovakia (or somewhere in Eastern Europe) which is about $500 and the other is available at www.SpicerCycles.com (made in China) for about $250.

Mine is very nicely made and rides like a dream!

Stay Fat!

Michael-NYC[/img]

MikeyNYC

Ti Fat Fork

Raj-

To get back to your original question, No I do not think that there ever was a Titanium Fat City fork of any kind made by Fat City, but I have seen an Aluminum version of the Big One Inch fork once on Ebay, it was not made by Fat City but it had decals showing the Fat City Patent info, and according to Wendyll it was done by someone else on a limited basis with the permission of Fat City.

L8R,

Michael-NYC