• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

For Sale: unique custom fixed gear urban/mountain bike w/Yo Eddy fork

krinkle

Very unique custom fixed gear urban/mountain bike. Built long before the fixed gear fad.

Here is the story of this bike as I know it. I bough this bike from a friend who had himself bought this in Chicago from a place he referred to as the Chicago Bicycle Company. This was in the early to mid 90's while he attended the University of Chicago. He rode this bike daily while there and then it sat when he moved to CA where we met as co-workers and roommates. Eventually he got married and I bought the bike from him. The story he got from the place of purchase is that the frame was custom built for a Chicago area bicycle messenger who never finished paying for it, so after it was built it sat. The only item on it I changed were the tires, but these are same tires that came on only difference is the originals were the gumwall version of this same tire. I also had the hubs and headset serviced at Velo Cycles in Pasadena, CA. It has then sat in my collection ever since. On of the very interesting things about this bike is it has what I believe to be an original Fat Chance Yo Eddy fork that has unfortunately had it's brake bosses shaved. This was back in the 90's so I'm sure no one at the time thought this was a big deal. I can't bring myself to part this out, but it could be a gold mine for someone. The rims have no use on the sidewalls for braking at all.

Parts list:
Custom CBC frame (True Temper Tubing)
Fat Chance Yo Eddy Fork (shaved brake bosses)
Vintage Cinelli Track Stem
Vintage Cinelli Track Handlebars
Campagnolo headset
Ritchey Seat Post
Brooks saddle
Campagnolo Cranks (strada 170)
Campagnolo Bottom Bracket
Shimano SPD Pedals
Campagnolo track hubs
Wheelsmith spokes
Wheelsmith alloy nipples
Mavic 217 SUP rims (sidewalls have never been used for braking)
Continental Town and Country tires

IMAGES: http://www.flickr.com/photos/krinkledotnet/sets/72157636055127954/

$650 firm <SOLD pending funds>

Last edited: