• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

yo-eddy! frame for sale on ebay- newly listed

Doug Carter

Staff member
Ack, it's a large... bummer. Nice ride for somone, go get it guys, it looks like a '91 Candy Wild Cherry and pretty much new.

Still searching...

yo' djblu

wild cherry?? the colour is stated COLOR: Purple high gloss finish.. Does anyone have a bike in the colour stated.. I would like to get this baby to add to the stable.

Doug Carter

Staff member
I really don't think he knows what he has. Judging by the amount of people who asked him the same exact questions about size, color, year and better photos, I think he doesn't have a grasp on the bike's history.

The Wild Cherry is a guess based on the photos, the year and the odds that most people would call that color "purple."

rumpfy

Doug said:
Ack, it's a large... bummer. Nice ride for somone, go get it guys, it looks like a '91 Candy Wild Cherry and pretty much new.

Still searching...

I don't know man...that high bidder is a crazy bastard! :wink:

yo' djblu

yup KRAZY BASTARD and I was thinking about bidding but I know how bad he wants a yo'. HMMmmm what to doooo......

Doug Carter

Staff member
:p :wink: :p Blah, I just threw it in there in case EVERYONE else forgets to bid. My bids on that and the other single speed one out there are not too different.

My heart isn't fully into these yet, really. The LARGE on the '91 is just on the side of big for me, but would still work. A Sommerville M/L in Team Violet, though, and you guys better watch it. :D :D

If it is calling to you, I say, GO FOR IT!

d

yo' djblu

I was thinking about it but I dont like how the decals are so close to the head tube and as for the colour.. I no like. I dont want to pay another 450 for the respray.. I want another sapphire fade or a teal mass frame.

kevin881

Doug Carter said:
I really don't think he knows what he has. Judging by the amount of people who asked him the same exact questions about size, color, year and better photos, I think he doesn't have a grasp on the bike's history.

The Wild Cherry is a guess based on the photos, the year and the odds that most people would call that color "purple."

sorry for the old bump, but ugh, I am going through the old posts here... and without being able to see the ebay listing, I bet this is my bike that was stolen.

same year, size and color... wish I knew who the "auctioneer" was, because I am sure I know WHO stole the bike. I just cant prove it.

Anyhow "he" had no ****ing clue what a Yo was. I just made the mistake of talking about how it was a collectors item and would be worth a lot to a bike collector.

:(

Spikes

Hi Kevin, Is there no way you can trace the auctioneer through eBay, or maybe through the one that won the item? Or was the item removed prior to the ending? I'm sure everything sold is logged by eBay?

kevin881

Spikes said:
Hi Kevin, Is there no way you can trace the auctioneer through eBay, or maybe through the one that won the item? Or was the item removed prior to the ending? I'm sure everything sold is logged by eBay?

I dunno... ebay has removed it since its older than 6 months or something.

I suppose I could email ebay and try to get some help... thing is, whats done is done. If that frame is meant to come back to me, it will. If not, I just hope someone who knows what it is can enjoy it as much as possible.

I really wouldnt want to ask for it back from someone who bought it in good faith.

However it would be nice to know if my suspicions were correct on who stole it.

lucifer

FWIW ebay does keep all the records since the beginning, and I am sure they would take transactions involving stolen property very seriously.

lucifer

They don't leave the history up for us to see. But they do have it archived. You'd have to contact them directly.

kevin881

lucifer said:
item=3697879495

bro, thanks! I just emailed them at their fraud department.
I wish I could at least see the description to be sure.

Mine was a Yo L, in Kandy Wild Cherry. XT components, thumbshifters, mavic rims.

I had scratched the top tube and put a syncros sticker over the scratch... or was it onza. Whatever my barends were, which I now think was onza... it was a black sticker...

Manitou II elastomer fork which I had customized.

my brake levers had little brake grips on them...

The Yo decals were white and yellow. I would know that bike anywhere.