New to forum

PCFatty

hi all, a most excellent site you have here.

i have a 96 (I think) yo, serial #YO ML 1039 in the chameleon fade. as many have posted before me, this was my dream bike in college and i picked it up about 6 years ago for $600 (complete bike). it had already had some parts upgraded, and i have done more as the time has passed. i still ride it a fair amount. it's been on the white rim trail in moab as well as many of the more popular rides down there, in fruita, st. george, etc. i also ride it quite a bit where i live (in park city, ut).

i am not to much interested in doing a full period restoration (although i probably have most of the parts). my current project is converting it into an ss, which will put me on it even more than i already am.

i hope this is the right forum and please excuse me if it is not, however i have a few questions and would appreciate any help:

am i correct with the year?

what (if any) rigid forks would have been sold with this bike? and is there any way to find them?

was it built with fromt suspension in mind?

where is the best place to have it re-painted?

i have seen a thread on stickers (which i guess i'll need for the re-paint) is there any word on if and when they will be available?

P.S. I'll upload a picture when I get home if anyone is interested.

fat-tony

Staff member
PCFatty said:
hi all, a most excellent site you have here.

i have a 96 (I think) yo, serial #YO ML 1039 in the chameleon fade. as many have posted before me, this was my dream bike in college and i picked it up about 6 years ago for $600 (complete bike). it had already had some parts upgraded, and i have done more as the time has passed. i still ride it a fair amount. it's been on the white rim trail in moab as well as many of the more popular rides down there, in fruita, st. george, etc. i also ride it quite a bit where i live (in park city, ut).

i am not to much interested in doing a full period restoration (although i probably have most of the parts). my current project is converting it into an ss, which will put me on it even more than i already am.

i hope this is the right forum and please excuse me if it is not, however i have a few questions and would appreciate any help:

am i correct with the year?

what (if any) rigid forks would have been sold with this bike? and is there any way to find them?

was it built with fromt suspension in mind?

where is the best place to have it re-painted?

i have seen a thread on stickers (which i guess i'll need for the re-paint) is there any word on if and when they will be available?

P.S. I'll upload a picture when I get home if anyone is interested.

Welcome and you have come to the right place. Others on this board are more knowledgable than me to answer your questions. I think you are correct on the year. I believe the big 1 incher rigid fork was available for your year and I can't image that your frame would not be suspy correct due to so many using them during that time.
Some have used Vicious Cycles for their re-spray, I have used D & D Cycles. Doug Carter on this board (the man) is currently working on decals.

Hope that this helps and others please chime in here.

fat-tony

Staff member
PCFatty said:
thanks all, i'll take a look. any way to find a BOI fork anywhere?

good luck and get ready to spend some dough (they have gotten quite pricey!). Damn single speeders! :)

Yo Eddy!

eBay is a source

An alternative could be a Tange Struts. Tange was inspired by the Yo fork and that is why thet look pretty similar. The Stuts differs in that it has slightly curved blades, plastic caps on top the blades and no gusets at the rear of the blades. It is a good fork, but of course way cheaper as the Yo or BOI. The Buck Shaver came normally equiped with Struts.