Titanium Shock-A-Billy

John

Administrator
Staff member
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

kingroon

I remembered Scott's post from a while back..

http://www.fatcogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2498

The rarest Somerville Fat that I can think of would be a titanium Shock-a-billy prototype that had an in-the-headtube suspension fork. I forget the brand of fork but that bike rode like an absolute dream. We all took turns on it - even me. It was the sweetest riding bike I have ever been on and I would mortgage my house if it ever turned up for sale. I think it had a Horst Leitner rear end (not the greatest but it was a start). I would love to know where that bike is. There were a few other TI shock-a-billy's that had the standard headtube. Those frames were a bitch to weld and keep straight. I had to build this jig that pushed the seat tube out just enough so when the gusset tube was welded the shrinkage from that weld would pull the seat tube straight. I used it on the steel shock-a-billy's too. Any Somerville built Shock-a-billy would be pretty rare especially any that had the steel rear end that we designed and built - definitely not many of those.

If anyone sees that TI Shock-a-billy... :confused:(sorry my eyes are watering)
Scott