Question on Monster Fats...

Jack Lantern

I want to start looking for a Monster Fat and I was curious about something. I haven't seen alot of them but some I've seen have a cool Frankenstein decal on the headtube (I think it was on the headtube). Does anyone know what year / years they did this or was it just done on a handfull of frames?

Much thanks for any info...

zsazsu

JL,

All I can tell you is that I have a 1991 Monster and it had Franky on the head tube (unfortunately long gone after 2 complete re-sprays).

zsazsu

jo eddy

Monster

Yeah,sorry,but that's the truth,only the '91+'92 Monsters with "HERMAN MONSTER" !!!
The first Monsters are Wickeds with different decals.
The last ones '93 has also the typically FAT seatpost diameter of 29,4mm,after '93 they change their modells and the BUCK SHAVER came.

Attachments

• PDRM4835.JPG
    PDRM4835.JPG
    291.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Monster neu.JPG
    Monster neu.JPG
    246.5 KB · Views: 51
  • Monster e.JPG
    Monster e.JPG
    236.6 KB · Views: 21

zsazsu

Herman Monster

Thanks for the correction... All these years I thought it was Franky. Your bike looks sweet. My Monster originally was "Hot Rasberry" (Pink). It's now yellow. I'm kicking myself for not keeping the head tube original (Herman and Pink). Do you happen to know where I could come across original decals?

jo eddy

Decals

zsazsu said:
Thanks for the correction... All these years I thought it was Franky. Your bike looks sweet. My Monster originally was "Hot Rasberry" (Pink). It's now yellow. I'm kicking myself for not keeping the head tube original (Herman and Pink). Do you happen to know where I could come across original decals?

I think there is no chance,because Wendyl is the only one with original sets,but she didn't
answer e-mails. Last year I get the last decals from her (Monster,Ti,Yo,Wicked...)!
I don't know what's the matter with her,hospital or completely stop her trading????????
Who knows?

Olli