New Project: Buck Shaver XS

Spikes

Although my 2nd project is not yet finished (a Chris Chance Road), I started with a 3rd. I bought the Buck Shaver XS from tag for my girlfriend. This frame is from 1995. From 1996 and on it was renamed into "Yo Betty". She picked the colour, which will be a cherry-like purple with a metallic gloss. At this moment the powdercoat is being removed and the frame is being repainted. The image shown it's "original" state when bought. The specs will be:
- mag 21 or judy xc fork (I have both)
- cane creek aheadset
- avid sd 7 brakes
- hyperlite bars
- fat city custom stem
- lx gruppo
- sram attack gripshift
- spd dual function pedals
- mavic x717 rims, lx hubs, dt comp db spokes
- conti rubber
- ringle moby post
- selle italia gel flow lady
- salsa flip off skewer

yo_betty_stage1.jpg

Yo Eddy!

Nice.

Interesting and I will follow the topic closely. Only bummer you already unveiled the specs. The plot is gone now :D

Spikes

Well, here is a metamorphosis! The Buck Shaver / Yo betty had a new paintjob and has new bits. The only thing missing now is.... well, let's not start again shall we? :)

Attachments

• DSC00053.jpg
    DSC00053.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC_0441.jpg
    DSC_0441.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC_0450.jpg
    DSC_0450.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC_0453.jpg
    DSC_0453.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Spikes

Finished!

Finally the bike has decals and it's ready! What a difference with the frame the way I bought it. Some extra details: the Ringle seatpost has been changd to a Thomson, the bars are now Ritchey pro in black (looks a lot better with the brakes and the stem) and I have colour-matching SRP bottle bolts in the frame. My girlfriend likes the bike a lot! Things to improve: fork and headset.

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

Yo Eddy!

Overall great work on the detail.

Nice covering on what the result can be of a proper restoration job.

What will be your next project? :D

Spikes

Next Project will be a Wicked with full Campy Record OR Gruppo. All I need is the frame now :) so if you have one left... please PM me.