• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

Fatlanta 1996 Olympic Special Edition #1 of 20 for sale

IF52

Oh, and while it should be obvious the first mis-numbered frame to arrive was 20 of 20 size Large, I distinctly recall it because the owners were irked at me that the first frame we got was my size. It was not intentional though, it just kind of happened that way. Those were some pretty tough days emotionally back then and everybody was on edge.

rdunnenb

fatlanta #19 of 20

Fatlanta size small is serial number YO S1181, numbered 19 of 20.

This is the one obtained from the Serotta factory in 1999.

IF52

So ever since the last time I posted on here I've been trying to remember what exactly was the deal with the size small. The Large and the Medium are not even in question here, just the small. And I am not surprised about it being purchased from the Serrota 'factory' as that is where it would have been sent back to.

Anyway, after looking at the pictures of the bike I started to think maybe 19 of 20 did come into the shop and we did keep it for a while - meaning only 3 frames total. I remember the phone calls with Wendyl that we wanted to send the misnumbered frameS, yes plural, back to be renumbered and she didn't want to have to repaint them, so she talked us into keeping them. I was sure we had a 2 of 20, and I was pretty sure we sent one of the misnumbered frames back, but maybe not. I KNOW the issue of the misnumbered frames was a big joke around the local bike scene since at the time APB, the local and one of the first IF dealers, was bigtime bashing Fat to everybody who would listen.

So after all of that, I apologize for any confusion. 11 years later and some of the details aren't as sharp, know what I mean. I'd still like to see the original size Small inventory card if it exists to verify it.

EDIT But one thing to bear in mind - Wendyl was selling complete decal sets for the Fatlanta on eBay a while back, and I know at least one person on these forums has a set of those decals, plus the correct Outback Bikes stickers. The point being that there could easily be a fake or two floating around. And I wouldn't have been surprised if Wendyl did try and push a few more out the doors at Serotta. Keep that in mind. There were only 3 originals, period.

Last edited: