Eddy gets a makeover

Theodorus

Hey all:

Been having great fun searching the site and learning lots about my 1991 Yo. I am in the process of doing a full resto. and have been trying to bone up on details before I head in the wrong direction.

I purchased the bike back in 1993, slightly used, from a bike shop employee and friend. The fork was Mag 21 i believe, painted Wild Cherry to match the frame. i recall being told the bike was NOT suspension corrected but I'm not sure if this is true or not. My search efforts have found conflicting stories (my apologies to all if the facts are now common knowledge). Serial # evidently indicates it was the 891st. one of the year, by the way. (Thanks, DC). Anyhoo, the Mag 21 is long gone, replaced by a Judy some years back. Like everyone else it seems I am interested in a repro rigid fork but need to know the proper length and offset. Any help would be appreciated.

colker

Hey all:

Been having great fun searching the site and learning lots about my 1991 Yo. I am in the process of doing a full resto. and have been trying to bone up on details before I head in the wrong direction.

I purchased the bike back in 1993, slightly used, from a bike shop employee and friend. The fork was Mag 21 i believe, painted Wild Cherry to match the frame. i recall being told the bike was NOT suspension corrected but I'm not sure if this is true or not. My search efforts have found conflicting stories (my apologies to all if the facts are now common knowledge). Serial # evidently indicates it was the 891st. one of the year, by the way. (Thanks, DC). Anyhoo, the Mag 21 is long gone, replaced by a Judy some years back. Like everyone else it seems I am interested in a repro rigid fork but need to know the proper length and offset. Any help would be appreciated.

length on a non susp. correct yo eddy fork is 400mm. rake.. well it's less than 43mm(the standard then) but i am not sure the exact number.

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
Well......a 90/91 fork is going to be shorter than a 93 though. I just measured both (perfunctorily). Unless you mean an even MORE suspension corrected bike (like Saratoga?), a 91 Yo needs a shorter fork than 400mm.

The slightly suspension corrected 93 was 16 inches and the 91 was 15. So.... 400mm vs 380mm. You should ask Rody what dimensions he uses for his remakes.