Seeing some crazy Fat prices lately

IF52

There was some discussion of the 2500.00 Yo on Ebay (He relisted for a lower 2000.00 currently). Now I saw this in my local Craigslist. If it's on the internet it must be true. Can I at least tell my wife that my bike collection is skyrocketing in value thus warranting more acquisitions?

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/bik/785735080.html

I realize the price of steel has gone up, but...

Skyrocketing? How about dreaming. That Yo I just picked up had a final price $230.00 less than what the seller bought it for 2 months prior. The Ibis I just sold went for about $180.00 less than I paid for it this past winter. If dude put that Yo! up with a low opening bid and let it go for a week it maybe would get 2/3rd of the way to his current opening bid. I could be wrong, but we'll see.

d3f3nd3r

Agree, I just cant see these bikes getting over 1k. I think the last 10th anniversary went for 800.00? Unless its NOS then maybe...

I guess you just need to put more RARE VINTAGE COLLECTOR in the titles. I am fairly certain I am bidding against most other yahoo's here with multiple Fats in their house for no good reason. But I guess a passion is a passion.

Upchuck

I am fairly certain I am bidding against most other yahoo's here with multiple Fats in their house for no good reason. But I guess a passion is a passion.
That's so true. I've backed off from bidding for awhile so I can focus on the builds that are sitting in my garage, so there's one less Fat Cogger getting in your way.;)

IF52

most other yahoo's here with multiple Fats in their house for no good reason.

Woh, woh, I have multiple bikes for a good reason. My wife doesn't know what the reason is but I do.

And I do ride them all. Well, not all of them because two are hers and one of those is in Rody's shop awaiting repair and powder.

IF52

I've been watching that one. Odd looking repaint, looks too pastel.

It's location helps though as it is open to all of Europe for a lot lower shipping cost than from the US right now. The frame I just won was only open to bidders from the US, so that probably killed a lot of potential bids.

YoKris

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

spinner

Did some here get the Yo fork off of ebay yesterday with $125.00 buy it now. I was on the fence about buying then it was gone. You snooze you lose.