Boulder Bicycles Defiant Ti

I picked up a 19" Boulder Bicycles Defiant Ti and need some help sourcing some new bushings for the rear triangle. Any ideas on bushings or bearings to replace the bushings which are crumbling (they look like they are brass).

I sent the rear shock back to Risse Racing.

Jon

mainlyfats

I bet Mike Varley in Point Reyes knows where to source brass bushings.

Can you pull them out and put calipers on them?

I bet Mike Varley in Point Reyes knows where to source brass bushings.

Can you pull them out and put calipers on them?

I will tap them out and see if I can get them measured (I should own calipers but don't). Any idea how to get ahold of Mike Varley? Does he own a bike shop in Point Reyes Station? Cheers, Jon

I went out to Pt Reyes Station and spoke to Mike Varley, great guy and nice shop! He had some really good stuff including a 1985 Fat Chance and a couple of Cunningham bikes!

On the bushings for the Boulder Ti Frame he suggested getting in touch with either Jerry Shuler (the original designer of the Boulder suspension frame) or IGUS which is the manufacturer of most of the bushings of the earlier suspension bikes.

Thanks for the contact!

Jon

mainlyfats

I went out to Pt Reyes Station and spoke to Mike Varley, great guy and nice shop! He had some really good stuff including a 1985 Fat Chance and a couple of Cunningham bikes!

On the bushings for the Boulder Ti Frame he suggested getting in touch with either Jerry Shuler (the original designer of the Boulder suspension frame) or IGUS which is the manufacturer of most of the bushings of the earlier suspension bikes.

Thanks for the contact!

Jon

Nice! I hope it works for you, but don't forget that the vast majority of early mtb suspension designers came from other industries. If nothing presents itself in the bike world, start looking in the motorcross and go-kart world using the dimensions from your newly bought calipers!