Just joined

Does my bike have too many anodised components? Pic Coming soon!

• My gawd that is awful, I'm going to barf...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jez

Hi All,

Last year I made it my mission to build a 95 greeny/blue fade Yo Eddy. I imported one and built it up with some stonking components. In the meantime I had the idea of building a Fat Chance resource site which is aptly called www.yoeddy.com but never found the time to develop it etc.

Then I found this site! Hurrah!

I will shortly post a pic of my Yo (which is absolutly immaculate) and its spec sheet. I will dearly love to join you guys in a meet soon - Oct seems to be the next one. I live in warks and have this Yo Eddy, a 1991 Lavadome and a 94 Pace with tioga diskdrive & XTR.

Will post pics shortly! Love to hear feedback!

Jez

jez

YO

Here we go: I know this should go in readers "wives" area but it wouldnt make sense as its joined to the last post!

These are last years pics: Spinergys have gone now, as is black ringle stem to be replaced with a pewter one and I have one of those EVO full carbon saddles.

I'll get some nice new pics soon and post them in the proper section.

pics.jpg

You'll also spot my Pace too!

Jez

Yo Eddy!

You ask me for my opinion. No problem! :wink:

What I see is poll with two only options. First is saying that all those anodized parts make the bike look ugly. In the second I not only disagree with that, but I also have to admit that you are a fabulous designer.

I think the anodized parts aren

jez

Hiya

Thanks for your analytical reply! I guess its a 93 then - which is great as its older and as you say: a real Somerville version.

Yes, I loved the Spinergys, but they had to go and I have some quite odd looking lemon anodised snowflakes to go on instead. The slicks were for summer use as its too nice a bike to get trashed in winter months...but you are right - it was never desigend for that kind of use: it needs some luvly single track...The risers are too much too - but im getting old and reallllly I should have gone for a larger frame (Im 6').

Im a multimedia designer - web and cdrom etc. I trained as an industrial designer (vacuum cleaners, injection ouled stuff etc) I originally wanted to produce custom MTB machined parts but I guarantee I wouldnt have survived doing that!

Oh yeah I drive a MKIV Supra - just cant get enough of those Jap cars. And for Transformers - yeah a real 80s boy me. They are making a film in 2005 with Steven Spielburg about Transformers! Real action! Wow. (Insert Sad comments here)

Yo Eddy!

Those MK4 Supras are awesome! I believe for the whole of Europe there was only the TwinTurbo version with huge spoiler at the back. Very fast car. The story I know is that unfortunately very soon the car had to deal with some EU environmental legislation :evil: . Toyata didn

scant

Jez, well each to their own! I really like the blue & green parts. Its also 1 of the few bikes where a yellow judy sl actually matches rather well ;)

Look forward to meeting up @ cheddar, should be pretty cool. we'll have to get pics of all the FATs together to post up here! :D