Monster decals wanted

bonsaii

Preferably an original set with Monster head tube decal.

Anyone has, or know where to get..?

smittylube

http://cgi.ebay.com/fat-city-cycles-yo-eddy-decal-set-chris-chance_W0QQitemZ320362502795QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCycling_Parts_Accessories?hash=item4a9717da8b&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:1|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

I know it isnt monster but you might be interested
Steve

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

bonsaii

which version are you searching for?

The version with the monster (Herman??) on the head tube would be preferable. The S/N is 003M2M if thats a key to which is original. I belive a 92' Monster had, or could have had, the Monster head badge. My 93' (aquafade) has FAT head tube- not Monster.

Thanks guys, for all tips!

-bns

Attachments

• mnster1.jpg
    mnster1.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 4
  • mnster2.jpg
    mnster2.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 6
  • mnstter3.jpg
    mnstter3.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 7
  • mnster4.jpg
    mnster4.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 3

bonsaii

Herman Munster

Here he is! I want thid guy on the head tube! :D

-bns

Attachments

• herman4.jpg
    herman4.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 1

jbrannsten

Staff member
The version with the monster (Herman??) on the head tube would be preferable. The S/N is 003M2M if thats a key to which is original. I belive a 92' Monster had, or could have had, the Monster head badge. My 93' (aquafade) has FAT head tube- not Monster.

Thanks guys, for all tips!

-bns

My '92 Monster has the Frankenstein on the head tube.

bonsaii

In that case you reffering to "Frankensteins Monster", as Dr. Henry Frankenstein was the mad scientist obsessed with creating life from pieces of human bodies.

I still belive it is Herman Munster on the Monster Fat frames.

Check out the pics.

Attachments

• 91MonsterHead[1].jpg
    91MonsterHead[1].jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 8
  • herman4.jpg
    herman4.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 2

IF52

No decals. Just wanted to add that my 92 does not have the monster on the head tube. Serial #0096M2L

And while I can't confirm, I think it looks more like the Boris Karloff Frankenstein's Monster.

Attachments

• frankenstein.jpg
    frankenstein.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 0

bonsaii

Ok, thanks!

Is'nt this the same monster? I guess Fred Gwynne had a more comedic approach than Boris Karloff, though...

My Monster has sn 003M2M and don't know if it originally had with or without Frankie head tube badge, but I would like to get a hold of those decals for the refurbishment and repaint.

I asked Chris Friedrich for these decals and got negative answer, that this decals were the only one out of production. A forthnight or so later jbrannsten got to buy them from the same person, so.. I'm not particulary found of that way of doing buiness. :(

-bons

jbrannsten

Staff member

I have a little correction to make. I had a second look at my Monster the other day and according to the serial it is a 1991 model. I find it really strange as it has a threaded bb, which I though FCC introduced in 1992. I have a 1991 Yo with no threaded bb, and a 1992 with threaded bb. Guess my Monster is a late 1991 then.....

rick

Monster decals

There are at least 3 versions of decals for the Monster; squiggly ones that were used on the first version (Wicked frame), ones with the picture of the monster on the head tube and a later ones with a different font and no monster on the head tube. Does anyone know of any others?
Not exactly sure when the changes were made but my 91 has the monster and my 93 does not. The 91 also has a regular (threaded) bottom bracket.
I was fortunate enough to buy an extra set of decals for the 91 from Wendyll back in the day, but will need to use for the next re-paint.
Rody has a long line but he does great work and can get decals as well, I would recommend him highly.

rick

IF52

You'll need to check with Rody about that. When I was talking to him about it a few weeks ago, he indicated it was getting tough to get decals for some specific reason. He would have to speak to that though as I don't know the details.

jbrannsten

Staff member
Guts, the word is that Wendyll has more or less instructed SSI Ink to only sell decals to her. She wanted control of the business and as far as I know repair shops should be able to get them from her. SHe also sells them to Chris F. who distributes them at least to the Europeian market. And...they have now become very pricey...

IF52

Huh, not surprising. So the trademark and copy rights belong to her then? I thought they had expired long ago.