Need help identifying brakes & levers

Retro Dude

Can anyone identify these levers & brakes? I've searched but keep coming up blank.

Thanks for any assistance!

Attachments

• 100_9134 - Copy.JPG
    100_9134 - Copy.JPG
    197.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 100_9133 - Copy.JPG
    100_9133 - Copy.JPG
    162.9 KB · Views: 30

AB

Nice bike - i've seen the levers before, but the brand escapes me at the moment.

Retro Dude

Thanks, I just picked it up and I'm geting it sorted out as to what to keep & what to replace. I like the levers - not so sure about the brakes.

chefmiguel

Looks awesome RD!! Names escape me as well although the spring tension design is similar if not the same as Pauls. Best of luck with it!

fat-tony

Staff member
What ever brakes they are they are worthy of new cable straddle cables and put some end crimps on the ends of them. Too nice of a ride to be looking all frayed :beer: :)

Retro Dude

Gotcha Tony, it will get all new brake cable/ferrules/crimps. There's plenty more to be straightened out.

Thanks shiprick, the brakes/levers are Gravity Research.

Anyone know who made Titanium riser bars? I'm thinking Titec, but not sure.

AB

Bars etc.

No offense but do you really care who made what?

Suffice to say it's period correct quality stuff - enjoy it and ride it.

Retro Dude

None taken AB, just curious as to mfg.

The riser bars will go on my wife's Yo, I've got a Litespeed Ti bar for the Ti Fat.

I'm trying to decide whether to keep the Gravity Research brakes & levers or put XTR v-brakes on it.

I'm a recent convert from Suntour XC Pro & canti's to XTR & v-brakes and really like the braking power the v's offer.