Wanted: Tandem

mangosultan

Hi,
I found my Yo Eddy. Now the only thing missing is a Fat Chance tandem for my wife and myself.

Frame with fork or complete bike.

I will be in the states mid to end of august.

Offers via PM please.

Cheers from Germany,
Thorsten

rick

Fat Tandem

Good Luck with your search, these are fairly rare. First Flight has what is supposedly the very first Fat tandem and it is markedly different from any of the others that I have seen.

We had a tandem at the Fat Party last September. we talked about taking it for a ride but the weather was lousy. I know the owner and will ask him on the off chance it's for sale :)

mangosultan

Cool, yes, please do that.
So I will wait for the answer.

Cheers from Germany

P.S.: My Eddy is now being prepared for repaint in grello. When it´s done, I will make a rebuild thread. Hope to get finished to my birthday in august...

rick

Random Tandem

I hope that you have better luck with your wife on the tandem than I did. I bought mine so that we could ride together but she never liked it, would rather ride her single (yo betty). So the tandem just sits in the garage. Oh well....

mangosultan

We own a tandem, a Trek T50. We enjoy it a lot, we've been in the Dolomites for riding. Although it was quite steep, it was a pleasure to ride. But it is not a Fat Chance....

brandwashed

my friend just picked this one up yesterday.

it's pretty sweet.

Attachments

• CAM00108.jpg
    CAM00108.jpg
    351.8 KB · Views: 13
  • CAM00109.jpg
    CAM00109.jpg
    333.8 KB · Views: 10
  • CAM00110.jpg
    CAM00110.jpg
    391.6 KB · Views: 11

brandwashed

it is probably the last fat city tandem frame that was made, from what they guy who sold it told me said. it sat unfinished for years apparently. a friend of his worked for them up until they were sold and shipping out equipment to the new buyer and that's where it originally came from.

i can post some what i believe are convincing detail pics of the conical ends of the stays (if that is a typical detail of fat city?). i really don't know much about fat city bikes and it wasn't really the selling point but when i was poking around looking for info on the fat city tandems i came across this site and thought i'd share. it does have the oval horizontal bottom tube and the diagonal tube is oval as well.

the stoker has a bit more room than usual so an additional piece was welded in as well on the diagonal tube. the seats and pedals, etc are just old ones added on from stuff hanging around and it does have a coaster brake added as well. rode it through boston for 11 miles yesterday and it was solid.

what kind of tandem is that? It doesn't quite look like a fat

brandwashed

oooh...yeah then this green one is a frankenbike for sure!
i think the fork is independent. definitely not the retail version, i knew that.

this green one is possibly more accurately described as "frame made from parts from the fat city factory". my understanding is the guy built it to be longer than normal for whatever reason.

http://fcdn.mtbr.com/attachments/ta...310227932-fat-chance-1987-tandem-l1100659.jpg

box crown fork
non wishbone stays

I really don't know enough to make a solid opinion

the one in the link is one of the finest I have ever seen

rick

tandems

wow, the wild cherry tandem is beautiful, one of my favorites for certain. I still think that the "wedding tanden" must be one of the coolest.
fwiw, my tandem also has a box crown for and non-wishbone seat stays, not uncommon as far as I know