Frame painter recomendation

Puddy136

I had a painter lined up but due to unforeseen circumstances they will not be able to complete my project this year. I was looking for recommendation for Frame Painters. I have a YO that is aqua fade and want to redo the paint as it is in need and match the fork to frame.

stoebben

Painter Suggestions

I second Spectrum, but it may be better to look closer to home. In any event, if you have to ship, doesn't make much difference. Spectrum does great work both in powder and wet (could be the best in powder in the nation), and stands behind their work. They have familiarity with Fats, too (at least old ones ;-). I plan to send them my 85 FC at the beginning of the year but I am located in Denver.

pinguwin

Yes to Keith Anderson. He does phenomenal work. He's a stickler for details and takes the time to get it right. Painters tend to be on the flaky side but he is pretty reliable and easy to deal with and get this...answers the phone (unlike many :). You can't go wrong with him.

He did this work this summer and I've got some more bikes going to him for stems, forks, and cranks in January. He just did a Fat in the last months, check his facebook or flickr feed.

I told him, "Yeah, few stripes here and there." and he stunned me with the results. I had no idea he would get the striping so perfect. The second picture is bare Ti and I've never heard of a painted chainring but Keith thought of it and pulled it off. You can't go wrong with thim.

frontend.jpg

drivetrain.jpg

driverseat.jpg

Robertt8883

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stingercut

Looks like he'd have no problems reproducing a perfect Aquafade either :cool:

Whiled away 10mins looking though his handywork....love the Buffalo Soldier.

Last edited: