• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

1992 Yo Eddy complete w/ Yo fork

45Ronin

It pains me to offer this up as it took almost a year to finish. Just about everything is period correct. 2nd baby on the way and Momma say's it's time to thin the two-wheeled herd.

Frame: 1992 Yo Eddy (medium, 152Y2M). No dings/dents and minimal chainsuck. Definitely not a garage queen and has been ridden but no rust in the seat tube and it shows well for its age.

Wheels: Mavic 231's with Deore hubs. Wheels laced in 1992 by Peter White out of Mass. Don't get more Fat City friendly than that.

Yo Fork from another 1992 Yo Eddy. The color on the fork and frame don't match but Spectrum, Hubcap, or Groovy can square that away. I'm including a new set of frame decals if you should decide to paint the frame/fork.

Full Deore DX gruppo (except headset/bottom bracket), down to the pedals. Not the most bling parts but everything works great.

Miscellanous parts are as follows: Syncros seatpost, Ritchey stem, Ibis Titanium bar, XT headset, Ringle Ti-Stix skewers, Ritchey vintage 2.1 tires (blackwall), ti set binder bolt, new XT bottom bracket, new cables, Ritchey Logic brake pads

Chain is new and OE Shimano 7-speed. Only non-Shimano drivetrain part is a Veulta middle chain-ring.

I'm asking $1200 due to the Yo fork. Super rare and has the Campy dropouts. Sweet stuff there.

I had at least one buddy check me on the initial price. A bit rich and we all think our Fat's are worth more than true market value.

As said before, I want to give the fatcogs community first crack at this bike before it goes on the Bay. Fatcoggers helped me get this bike so I want it to stay in the family. Any reasonable offer welcome fellas.

Pics can be seen at www.45ronin.com

Last edited:

45Ronin

Bumpit

A couple people have shown interest in the Yo fork. Is it me or are these things worth more than the frame and sum of all parts?

chainline

A couple people have shown interest in the Yo fork. Is it me or are these things worth more than the frame and sum of all parts?

DING,DING,DING !!!!!!! I Have a true yo fork that has been converted to disc that someone offered 7 bills for !!!!

ChiefBroom

kind of sad.. when the ad for fat city cycles called" it's about the frame"

I'd be interested in the fork, but that doesn't mean it's not still about the frame. It's just about the '92 frame I bought two weeks ago rather than this one. If I tried to sneak a 3rd Yo Eddy! into the house, my wife might seek to have a court appoint her as my conservator.

I could probably get by with an M/L for my son, but Doug stands in front of me in that line.

Last edited:

45Ronin

$700!

Wow, no idea they were that rare. Well, if anyone is looking to complete their Yo with an original Fat fork in Metallic Green (top stickers still visible), let me know. I'll entertain offers. If I have to sell the frame/parts separate then so be it. Yo Nate can attest, the frame is good to go.

45Ronin

Wheels

Not sure about the differences but there are 32 spokes on that bike.

Yo Nate cleared something up for me which I corrected in the first posting. The gruppo is full Deore DX, not Deore. A small detail but important for those wanting a period correct build.

45Ronin

tires

As the tires are 40% or so life left, I'll include an almost new set of the MOMBAT Panaracer vintage retro tires (gum wall).

45Ronin

Ebay

It will be going on the Bay in the coming week for those curious to watch. I'm open to International sales but the shipping will probably be outrageous.

Anyone on here with knowledge of what shipping a bike foreign costs?

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
I've done a few very carefully packed frames to the UK and it went about $80-90 USPS, and *maybe* had space to handle some carefully packed wheels, but it'd be tight. Two boxes would be a cakewalk though, and you could cut down the frame box a bit.

catkiller

I'd be carefull if I were you. For some reason, ebay has been full of foreign scammers as well as domestic scammers. A potentialy expensive item like yours should be shipped express international. It's expensive as hell, but it's the only shipping that provides tracking, insurance and signature confirmation.
A lot of US ebayers are not shipping overseas because they have been getting burned.

Last edited:

colker

That's why i don't even bother to look for anything on ebay. I am on south america. Shipping is so expensive or non existant that i buy direct from sellers on forums like these. OR .. i buy from euro sellers. I can have a bike or frame shipped to me at 70 dollars.
Forget US ebay.

catkiller

That's why i don't even bother to look for anything on ebay. I am on south america. Shipping is so expensive or non existant that i buy direct from sellers on forums like these. OR .. i buy from euro sellers. I can have a bike or frame shipped to me at 70 dollars.
Forget US ebay.
I couldn't agree more. I'd rather buy and sell stuff to people on a message board, than ebay. I stop selling expensive stuff on ebay, because the scamming is getting ridiculous.
I have a few friends who sell collectibles on ebay, and they say to only sell items that you can afford to lose.

45Ronin

Great info

Funny you should post that reply. I've had two buyers on other items win, then later hit me up saying the shipping was too much. One even went as far as "shipping costs extortion." His message was like, "either you lower your shipping costs or wait the 5 days for Ebay to open a case..." Shady buyers are exploiting the buyer protection program to get high dollar items for free.

tvcreative

Sorry everyone else has had such bad experiences with Ebay...

I have sold and purchased a wide variety of items on Ebay for the past 10 years, and not had any issues...with both big and small ticket items.

I like it.

plus paypal covers my back if there is a scam artist out there...

catkiller

I haven't had a lot of bad experiences with ebay, but this year, for the first time in my 12 years on ebay, I've left several negative feedbacks and had to file for paypal refunds on more than one occasion.
But overall, I still buy and sell there.
As far as International shipping goes, if the item is expensive, I'll only ship it Express International Insured. Only way to be sure.

45Ronin

Sold

Had to go Ebay for this one. For GP info to the Fat Cog community, shipping the bike to Norway was a bit over $400 (insured and tracked with FedEx).

bratfass

Prove on ebay

Have sold many things from my other hobby (Miata or for the Euros "MX5" ;)) on the bay a few years ago - stopped this before 2 years, cause of a few scammers. Only bought parts since then on the bay and had a few bad things (so there not only bad buyers there) and one where the beay buyers-secure failed totally. Bought a pair of CQP cranks from a seller in the states - which described them as "totally showworthy" without any scratches - they "were bought with the bike new and swapped with another set of red anode cranks shortly after the buy" - what I got was a totally knackered pair of cranks with a squeezed and deformed taper on the nondriveside arm.

When I opened a claim (seller told me a lier) ebay wanted me to get an appraisal of the actual condition of the cranks from a local bike-dealer - what do they think? that a german dealer will write anything over the condition of parts of another country, which is not from himself and was produced 20 years ago? bull**** - paid a big buck of money for the bin and the seller laughs in his pocket and ebay got his money too