Monster Fat Seat Tube Size?

blikum

Hi,

I recently acquired a 91 Monster Fat frame & Yo fork. Was wondering what diameter the seat clamp and front derailer are so I can be on the lookout for something. Thanks!

rick

seat post size

my 91 Monster definiitely uses a 26.4 seatpost, to my knowledge they never used a 26.8 on any of their bikes. My 93 monster is larger, probably a 29.4 but I would need to double check to be certain.

lucifer

My bad I assumed they were all the same as the yo and buck shaver. I guess they used thinner tubing on the early ones. A caliper will be money well spent.

colker

My bad I assumed they were all the same as the yo and buck shaver. I guess they used thinner tubing on the early ones. A caliper will be money well spent.

the monster could be a wicked w/ wishbone stays. or laid out in geometry like a yo. i suppose that would include the 29.4 seat tube.

rick

monsters...

I have 3 Monsters, all different in some regards.

The earliest is a merely a re-badged Wicked (their 1st try at a less expensive frame); obviously this uses the same 26.4 post as a regular Fat or Wicked.
The 2nd is a 91, with wishbone stays, same geometry as a Yo and uses a 26.4 post while a Yo of the same year would use a 29.4.
The 3rd is a 93; unchanged geometry but I am almost certain that the post is a 29.4; I really need to check.

paul m

I `m probs wrong about the 26.8 i was using a U.S.E post which is shimed from 25.0 the what ever size,frame died and i gave away the shim so it could have been 26.4