1994 Black Buck

singlecross

I got Fat over the Holidays! Its been over 10 years since I've had a proper Mountain bike. I've been riding Road and Cyclocross and had the itch to get back to Mountain. I always wanted a Fat from back in the day when a shop buddy of mine had one. I could never afford one then but when this one popped up I knew it was time to get Fat! This thing is snappy and FUN! It rides way lighter than it is and I was properly impressed. I've got a custom Ti cyclocross bike and this new Fat had me grinning like a kid again. If this is the "budget" Fat, WOW!, They got me fooled. Great way to start the New Year!

Thanks for the site...

singlecross
Downeast Maine

Attachments

• fat drive.jpg
    fat drive.jpg
    340.4 KB · Views: 96
  • fat chance.jpg
    fat chance.jpg
    345.8 KB · Views: 26
  • fat seat.jpg
    fat seat.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 20
  • fat tread.jpg
    fat tread.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 18
  • fat chris.jpg
    fat chris.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
It is a great one--I dig the mono stay. The seller has been trying to feel it for a long while and came down couple hundred. You got a great deal. And very true that Bucks/Monsters are great rides.

fat-tony

Staff member
That painted to match Rockshox looks bitching in black to match the frame. I don't think I have ever seen a black matching scheme before and I like it! :cool:

singlecross

That painted to match Rockshox looks bitching in black to match the frame. I don't think I have ever seen a black matching scheme before and I like it! :cool:

Yep, I think I'm going to black it out all the way by switching out the last silver bits (cranks, front derailleur, canti brakes, bars) with black period shimano LX stuff and a set of black zoom brahma bars. Once its all blacked out I might pick a color and start looking for some small select anodized bits (seatpost clamp, canti cable hangers, skewers, bottle cages, etc...) to bring some bling to it. Should be a fun little project to keep me tinkering away.

singlecross

chefmiguel

Looks awesome. As others have said the Buck is a great riding bike, before spending money on LX I would ride it a bit more. You may find yourself wanting to build it up with M900. Best of luck with it.

colker

I would teh wheel qr's for black salsas. Much lighter. Black LX cantis look great. the black lx crank is one of my favourites.
i would search a titanium hbar. it definitely softens things up front.
thumbshofters, black shimano slr brake levers (slr makes a world of difference w/ canti brakes: better modulation and power)

btw: i want a black buckshaver myself.

singlecross

Overhauled...

Well, I just finished cleaning up the Buck up and changing out some of the parts. Light restoration with a LX drivetrain and brakes, DX thumbies and hubs on Mavic 231's, Syncros stem and handlebars, Sakae seatpost. Orange bits to match the decals. This is as clean as she'll ever be again... She's a rider and she rides well! Started the first ride by buzzing the local golf course on my way to the trails. Seemed like the right thing to do with a Fat...

Attachments

• fat city rearbrakes.jpg
    fat city rearbrakes.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 23
  • fat city drivetrain.jpg
    fat city drivetrain.jpg
    419.7 KB · Views: 28
  • fat city seattube.jpg
    fat city seattube.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 24
  • fat chance decal.jpg
    fat chance decal.jpg