• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

1987ish Wicked Fat Chance

penguinpower

1987ish Wicked Fat Chance - eBay

Its on eBay.

Here is the eBay link.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wicked-Fat-...1554160?pt=Mountain_Bikes&hash=item1c1fbcd870

DSCN0056.jpg

DSCN0057.jpg

DSCN0058.jpg

DSCN0060.jpg

DSCN0055.jpg

DSCN0054.jpg

The description is as follows.

For sale is a Wicked Fat Chance size 16 inch C2C, 17.5 inches center to top of seat tube. Serial number available via eBay messaging.

Original paint and decals. Some paint chipping. No rust. Paint looks real good over all. Complete Shimano M730 XT group set with rear u-brakes.

Spec'ed Magura Moto brake levers. Salsa stem, True Tempter Fat City Cycles bars, Selle Italia Titanium railed saddle, and Mavic Oxygen M6 rims. The bike is being sold with NO PEDALS.

Recently restored and rebuilt, although I've taken it for about a dozen 7 mile rides. She is sweet :) Wheels were perfectly trued wheels, new Kool Stop brake pads, new chain rings, new SRAM PG870 chain, new XTR/Jagwire brake and derailleur cables, relubed hubs (checked, cones are in perfect condition), relubed headset (great condition), polishing of various parts (I rebuilt the rear derailleur and installed new pulleys), detailing to new condition, rebuilt and fully functional MAG 20 period fork. I rebuild MAG forks on the side. The air caps on this fork have just been rebuilt and hold air. The seals are original and do not need to be replaced. I can put new Enduro brand seals if thats what you like, for a fee. Assembly was properly torqued. Shifts like a 2011 bike and brake levers feel like silk :)

The seat post is a non-era post but a new black anodized 26.4. The original Strong brand post cracked during a post restoration ride. If you want an era post, they are readily available on eBay. I was unnerved stopping the bike going downhill with a spike pointed at my behind. I opted for the modern post. Tires are non-era. This is best if you actually ride the bike in the mountains.

IMPORTANT: I will ship the bike via UPS and will charge you cost, including buying a used bike shipping box from my local bike shop. These costs will be in addition to the auction price. I pack very carefully and will take my time doing so. I will require 1 week between payment, taking time from work, and shipping the bike. Before anything is done, I will quote the buyer.

I am selling the bike because I have another project that needs more funds. Vintage bikes rock!

Last edited:
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I have a question...

Hi, I saw your bike on eBay, and I love it! I have been looking for a Fat Chance frame for a project that I want to start up. If you could, how much would you offer for the frame set only?